You can translate the content of this page by selecting a language in the select box.
Which one is better to live in – Calgary or Edmonton? Why?
Do you feel like a big city slicker or a small town girl? Edmonton or Calgary – which one is better to live in? Both cities have their pros and cons, but when it comes down to it, we think Calgary takes the cake. Read on to find out why!
Calgary and Edmonton are the 2 biggest cities in Alberta, Canada. The question is which one is better to live in, Calgary or Edmonton? Why?
It is difficult to say which city is better to live in, as it ultimately depends on an individual’s personal preferences and priorities. Both Calgary and Edmonton have their own unique features and attractions, and which city is better for you will depend on what you are looking for in a place to live.
Here are some factors to consider when deciding between Calgary and Edmonton:
Location: Calgary is located in southern Alberta, near the Rocky Mountains, while Edmonton is located in central Alberta. This can be a factor to consider if you enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking and skiing, or if you prefer a more urban environment.
Cost of living: Both Calgary and Edmonton have a relatively low cost of living compared to other major cities in Canada. However, Calgary tends to be more expensive than Edmonton, particularly in terms of housing costs.
Employment: Both cities have strong economies and a diverse range of industries, including oil and gas, healthcare, and technology. Unemployment rates in both cities are generally low.
Climate: Calgary and Edmonton both have cold winters and warm summers, with Calgary generally experiencing cooler temperatures and more snowfall.
Ultimately, the decision of which city is better to live in will depend on your personal circumstances and what you are looking for in a place to call home. It may be helpful to research and compare the two cities in more detail to determine which one is a better fit for you.
What are the pros and cons of Calgary vs Edmonton.
As someone who has lived in both cities for more than 3 years and is still living in Calgary:
Ace the AWS Certified Machine Learning Specialty Exam with Confidence: Get Your Hands on the Ultimate MLS-C01 Practice Exams!
- Weather: you have more sunshine and less harsh winter in Calgary with occasional positive temperature in the middle of the winter because of the Chinook winds: Calgary wins
- Cost of life: Edmonton rent, home ownership, food, clothing is slightly cheaper than same items in Calgary: Edmonton wins
- Job Opportunities: more blue collar jobs in Edmonton, more white collar jobs in Calgary: tie
- Education: Edmonton has one of the top university in Canada called University of Alberta. University of Calgary has a first class business school called Hayskane school of business. Edmonton wins.
- City’s architecture: Calgary seems newer, nicely architected and just more beautiful to me by far: Calgary wins
- People: just the same to me, no difference: tie
- Size and population: Calgary (1.3 million people, 825 km2) is larger and have more people than Edmonton (1 million people, 684 km2): I won’t call this a win
- Mountains and lakes : Banff National Park, Lake Louise, Jasper National Park, Waterton Lakes National Park, are all closer to Calgary than Edmonton. Calgary is 1 hour from Banff, and day trips to the mountains are very common. Edmonton is 4 hours from Jasper, and trips to the mountains are more of a long weekend activity: Calgary Wins
- Summer festivities: Both cities have great and similar festivals, but Calgary hosts the greatest western festival on earth in July called the Stampede. Sylvan Lake is halfway between Calgary and Edmonton. Calgary wins.
- Sunshine: Calgary has way more sunshine that Edmonton. In fact, Calgary is amongst the top city with sunshine exposure in the entire country. Sunshine is happiness. Calgary wins.
- Politics: Both cities are economically conservative. Edmonton is a little bit more socially liberal than Calgary. Who cares? Tie.
- Sports: Flames(NHL)and Stampeders(CFL)in Calgary, Oiler(NHL) and Eskimos(CFL) in Edmonton. Several amateur leagues, indoor and outdoor facilities for soccer, hockey, basketball, football and baseball in both cities; ShowUpAndPlay in Calgary, ShowUpAndPlay in Edmonton : Tie
- Bars and Pubs: Cowboys in Calgary, Black dog free house in Edmonton are the most populars. Cowboy culture in both cities but not violent, no guns. Tie ( The 10 Best Nightclubs in Calgary , The Best Nightlife in Edmonton – TripAdvisor )
- Downton: See Calgary Downtown inRealTimeNow.com. See Edmonton inRealTimeNow.com They are both vibrant and Nice: Tie
- Cleanliness: Calgary is one of the cleanness cities in the world. I am in awe myself whenever I walk downtown and in my neighbourhood of Walden. Calgary wins by far.
- Festivals: Calgary Stampede is unique and a must see in North America. Interstellar Rodeo Festival , Fringe, Jazz Fest, Folk Fest in Edmonton: Calgary wins.
- Public Transit: Calgary C-Train has 3 lines and covers all 4 quadrants of the city(NW, SW,SE,NE) with multiple park and rides location at various C-Train stations. There are buses in almost every neighborhoods in Calgary connecting you to the nearest C-Train station. Edmonton Transit Services (ETS) provides service on buses and light-rail transit within the City of Edmonton limits, in addition to Fort Saskatchewan, Spruce Grove, Beaumont, and the Edmonton Garrison at Namao. It also provides connections to suburban transit services. Calgary Wins.
With all that in mind, I’ll choose Calgary any day.
Learn more about Calgary here.
Learn more about Edmonton here.
Are you planning to visit or move to Calgary or Edmonton?
- Where to play hockey, soccer, basketball, badminton, baseball, softball, slop-itch, pickle-ball, volleyball, touch football, cricket, rugby, swimming in Calgary | Show Up And Play
- Where to play hockey, soccer, basketball, badminton, baseball, softball, slop-itch, pickle-ball, volleyball, touch football, cricket, rugby, swimming in Edmonton | Show Up And Play
- Find Real Time Jobs in Calgary here
- Find Real Time Jobs in Edmonton here
- Canadian National Park around Calgary:
More sightseeing in Calgary and Edmonton with 10Adventures.com
Calgary is in the top 10 most livable cities in the world: Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto make top 10 most livable cities list
Calgary ranked world’s 5th most livable city by Economist Intelligence Unit
If you are looking for an all-in-one solution to help you prepare for the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam, look no further than this AWS Cloud Practitioner CCP CLFC01 book below.
World’s most livable city revealed
Exploring the Pros and Cons of Visiting All Provinces and Territories in Canada
Exploring the Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting All 50 States in the US
- Politics Free Zone Discussion.by /u/TheLordJames (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 6:05 pm
Hi Friends, Going to try something new. Here is a politics free zone. Feel free to talk about anything civil related to Edmonton and area as long as it has nothing to do with politics and the election. Topics include but not limited to: What is making you happy today? What did someone do to upset you on your commute? What did someone do that made you happy? What's that smell on 99st near the Whitemud [Wrong Answers Only]? submitted by /u/TheLordJames [link] [comments]
- Carpet Cleaning Recommendationsby /u/edmnguy (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 5:55 pm
Hi I am looking to get my Berber carpet cleaned. Do you have a local recommendation. I live in the North East Part of Edmonton. submitted by /u/edmnguy [link] [comments]
- Motorcycle/scooter users- you are not invincibleby /u/Fishpiggy (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 5:52 pm
Just today I had a motorcycle user with his lady friend on the back cut in front of me while going down Walterdale Hill. And I watch him proceed to weave in and out of cars going excessive speeds. For the love of God, please take a quick google search and see the results of motorcycle injuries. It just takes one mistake for you and your friend to be in the ER with irreparable injuries or even worse, dead. You are not in a movie, you’re not a stuntman, you’re not a cat with 9 lives. submitted by /u/Fishpiggy [link] [comments]
- Thanks to the other trail usersby /u/Strynaster (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 5:45 pm
My son (20) was cycling the old Keillor road trail yesterday when he had a major spill. Thank you all who stayed with him and called 911. He doesn’t remember anything from the crash but he was taken to hospital and is going to be okay. A lot of road rash and some stitches. No broken bones or head trauma!! His helmet was put to good use. He’s still at hospital as he may have hit his chest on the handlebars (as his feet were clipped in) but hope to be released soon. He smashed his Apple Watch, sunglasses and the bicycle is probably a write off but he’s safe and going to be well. Reminds you that monetary things don’t really matter. Thank you everyone for helping him. Edmonton people are great. submitted by /u/Strynaster [link] [comments]
- Don't if this the right place to ask but i have some questions regarding Concordia University of Edmonton.by /u/javagat10 (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 5:34 pm
Hi everyone, hope you'll doing well. I am an international student, who applied for graduate studies at Concordia University of Edmonton. About a week ago i received a mail from the admissions office saying that I've been placed on a waitlist, i was wondering how much chance do i have in getting accepted there? My gpa is 2.7 And secondly how is the University itself? Is it any good? Has anybody studied there before? I hope i get some answers to my questions. submitted by /u/javagat10 [link] [comments]
- Electricity Bill for Apartmentby /u/Skeetzophrenia (Calgary: Onward) on May 30, 2023 at 5:18 pm
Hello everyone! I will be moving into a new place starting July 1st, which has heat and water covered but not electricity. The property manager suggested Emmax as a popular provider for the building but since this is my first time dealing with electricity bills, I wanted to ask: How much are people paying for electricity for their apartments every month in the city? I appreciate any answers/advice, thanks everyone! submitted by /u/Skeetzophrenia [link] [comments]
- Gorillas at the zoo?by /u/actual-catlady (Calgary: Onward) on May 30, 2023 at 5:17 pm
A little break from election content: The zoo has a new baby gorilla!!! They said they are closing the Africa rainforest building to allow the troop to bond with the baby. Does anyone remember how long the building was closed for the last baby? I know there's no set time frame and it could vary a lot, just trying to loosely make some summer plans. Thanks! submitted by /u/actual-catlady [link] [comments]
- Shawnessy East Side Mario'sby /u/Slozman (Calgary: Onward) on May 30, 2023 at 4:45 pm
The time has finally come where the former location of East Side Mario's in Shawnessy is being renovated. I'm sure in a week or two the new signage will be up, but does anyone have any intel of what is going in there? submitted by /u/Slozman [link] [comments]
- So what ended up happening?by /u/ulyssesthehillgiant (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 4:43 pm
I know I had a lot of friends voting for NDP, all the political compass markers that they showed me showed NDP, was there just a lot of UCP voters that were unexpected? Sorry if this post isn’t allowed feel free to remove it, I’m not in favour of either party just genuinely curious about how such a drastic shift could have happened in what seems to be overnight. submitted by /u/ulyssesthehillgiant [link] [comments]
- Where to buy Oatly Barista at reasonable prices in Calgary?by /u/MadMax90Rocks (Calgary: Onward) on May 30, 2023 at 4:35 pm
Any bulk options? I think Rosso sells it but its almost $7 per carton 😬 submitted by /u/MadMax90Rocks [link] [comments]
- Pride Monthby /u/TheSaltyStrangler (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 3:43 pm
Speaking as a straight cis white guy that’s starting to feel pretty worried for a good number of my friends, I’m going to do my part to be making Pride Month fucking loud this year. I’m dying my hair for the first time in my life. I’ll be at the parade. I’ll be at protests. Fuck the UCP. submitted by /u/TheSaltyStrangler [link] [comments]
- Sheldon Chumier DynaLIFE Labs May 29by /u/Rockitnonstop (Calgary: Onward) on May 30, 2023 at 3:39 pm
If you were one of the unfortunate people to try to go to the DynaLIFE lab at the Sheldon yesterday, please use the following links to make your voice heard. LAB https://www.dynalife.ca/contactus AHS FEEDBACK https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/about/Page12832.aspx For context: I was there at 7:20 as a walkin for routine bloodwork. did not have a sample taken until after 1pm. As a t1 diabetic that gets blood work every 3 months since am used to longer wait times at the labs. However, in my 37 years of receiving bloodwork I have never experienced such a long wait time. The staff was kind but there need to be more people taking bloodwork to get patients in/out faster. The earliest appointments are 2 months out, which is also bad. And they were 1 hour behind on those as well. submitted by /u/Rockitnonstop [link] [comments]
- A single orange tearby /u/RATKNUKKL (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 2:34 pm
submitted by /u/RATKNUKKL [link] [comments]
- If you were eligible to vote in the provincial election but didn't vote, why didn't you vote?by /u/buddhistpine (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 2:25 pm
Genuinely curious as to what prevents some people from voting. submitted by /u/buddhistpine [link] [comments]
- If your party didn’t/doesn’t win the election, have a positive outlook and don’t just write off the next 4 yearsby /u/Setting-Sea (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 1:22 pm
All I see all over social media is “we are doomed” “4 years of hell” “I’m moving”. This is the same thing you heard from every conservative every time Trudeau has been elected. Breathe, hope for the best, hope that the rumours you have heard are wrong, hope that the province will work from past mistakes and be better. Living with the negativity will change nothing, if you don’t like what the UCP does for the next 4 years, campaign hard to get them out. They are in for the next 4 years, 53% of Alberta voted for that, (150,000 more people than NDP). As is the purpose of an election. Again, that is the purpose of an election, the majority + seats were voted in by Alberta . Going into the next 4 years negative and saying “the province is going to suck” because who you like didn’t get in will get you nowhere. I’d be making this exact same post if NDP won as you see this every election no matter which side loses. submitted by /u/Setting-Sea [link] [comments]
- To my fellow Southwest Edmontonians, I want to say thank you for booting Madu out!by /u/goosecanadian (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 12:59 pm
I’m really grateful that we have progressive thinkers in Edmonton & we used our power to send that message loud and clear last night. Edmonton Strong 🧡 submitted by /u/goosecanadian [link] [comments]
- Local adult archery lessons?by /u/poopmaster360 (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 11:45 am
I am looking for good, affordable places to take adult archery lessons. This is something I have always wanted to do. West end areas would be preferred but i will travel anywhere in edmonton. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/poopmaster360 [link] [comments]
- If there was ever proof that your vote matters…by /u/0110110111 (Calgary: Onward) on May 30, 2023 at 10:27 am
It’s some of these ridings in Calgary, decided by hundreds votes or fewer: Calgary-Acadia: 7 votes Calgary-Beddington: 585 votes Calgary-Bow: 385 votes Calgary-Cross: 518 votes Calgary-East: 701 votes Calgary-Edgemont: 283 votes Calgary-Elbow: 744 votes Calgary-Foothills: 269 votes Calgary Glenmore: 30 votes Calgary-Klein: 850 votes Calgary-North: 113 votes Calgary-North West: 149 votes I understand the cynicism that people have, especially in this city, but a couple thousand more people taking the time to do their civic duty and this election could have turned out differently. submitted by /u/0110110111 [link] [comments]
- Diana Batten beats Incumbent Tyler Shandro by 7 votes in Calgary-Arcadiaby /u/LadyBunnerkinsBitch (Calgary: Onward) on May 30, 2023 at 10:00 am
submitted by /u/LadyBunnerkinsBitch [link] [comments]
- Drinks That Pair Well With BBQ — Mirchi Calgary Northeastby Mirchi Calgary (Calgary on Medium) on May 30, 2023 at 6:50 am
When it comes to pairing various beverages or drinks with the best BBQ food, there are numerous options available that can complement the…Continue reading on Medium »
- Senior parents running out of moneyby /u/Psychological-Bug538 (Calgary: Onward) on May 30, 2023 at 6:04 am
My dad has been out of work since COVID. He works as a procurement contractor but since a lot of his work depends on shipping from China which has been closed since the pandemic, he’s had few and far apart projects to work on. He came here as a refugee 24 years ago, he was jailed at 17 so never got his high school diploma and was at risk of being jailed again/executed when he fled his home country. He did get a certification in Business from Bow Valley, and tried to open some unsuccessful stores here and eventually found some success with procurement that helped finance our lives until recently. He’s quite literally running out of savings now. Realistically he has enough to live in Calgary for another 10 - 12 months and it’s becoming really concerning. What are our options? Are there any social safety nets? He works Doordash everyday but that only makes him about $500 a month, and English is his second language (he still speaks it well) which has been an obstacle with him getting his class 1 or class 4 so he can drive trucks or Uber for a living. He’s also nearing 60 so any jobs in admin working with computers seem too competitive since he’s not tech-savvy at all. He’s had some work where he’s had to lift heavy boxes but it’s caused him so much pain, he still can’t bend over properly since. His CPP options also came in the mail recently and are an absolute joke. I help out with bills and rent where I can but I still haven’t graduated school so it’s just what I’m making from my internship which ends in a few months (I have sisters in the states who do as well but they have their own finances to worry about as well with mortgages, kids, etc.). My mom is hard of hearing and has been let go of work because she can’t hear orders (she gets some form of disability from the government). I’m just stressing out and wondering what our options really are here. I don’t even know where to go from here if we were to leave Calgary but does anyone know of work for seniors or a type of safety net? This is my last resort. submitted by /u/Psychological-Bug538 [link] [comments]
- Alberta re-elects UCP government, CBC News projects | CBC Newsby /u/Ivene (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 5:56 am
Four years after winning its first election, the United Conservative Party will once again form the provincial government with a total of 52 seats won. The NDP has 35. submitted by /u/Ivene [link] [comments]
- TIL: If you have an eye problem and need to go to the hospital, go to Rockyviewby /u/20-TWENTY (Calgary: Onward) on May 30, 2023 at 5:40 am
Woke up today and the bump (stye?) on my eye needed medical attention. ~9AM - check in to a local family practice/walk-in clinic. ~10AM - doctor sees me, looks at my eye, tells me to go to emergency/urgent care. No direction to a specific hospital. No referral. ~10:40AM - Uber arrives at Foothills. Triage nurse tells me what I'm doing there, and why the doctor didn't refer me to Rockyview Hospital since it has the specialized Eye Clinic/ophthalmologists. I tell her I can Uber to Rockyview instead. Nurse tells me that since I'm already here they'll take me in. I stay and figured that if I am good enough to take in, I am good enough to be treated by whatever resources the hospital has. ~4:00PM - I talk to a nurse while waiting and she says I don't need to go to Rockyview if my issue doesn't require an ophthalmologist. ~5:00PM - I am seen by an emergency doctor. I told the emergency doctor how I feel I should have gone to Rockyview but I did not get any directions from the walk in clinic. He told me it happens that family doctors don't even know about the Eye Clinic in Rockyview. He doesn't know how to help me with my eye problem and refers me to an ophthalmologist at the Rockyview Eye Clinic tommorow. TL:DR I should have gone to Rockyview 😭 (and now I'll miss two days of work, and my eye issue is still up in the air) Edit: Day 2 - had an ophthalmologist look at my eye at 8:30. Was referred to an eye surgeon at his clinic and was hopeful that the surgery was going to be today. Prodding and needles were used. After inspection, the surgeon felt it was best to perform the surgery at a hospital setting, which is schedule tomorrow. Also, turns out it wasn't a stye. They are going to do a biopsy but also need to remove it because it's causing complications/bleeding. It's now 12:00am and I'm on the way home submitted by /u/20-TWENTY [link] [comments]
- Alberta election: Danielle Smith’s UCP to form next government after tight raceby /u/_darth_bacon_ (Calgary: Onward) on May 30, 2023 at 5:24 am
submitted by /u/_darth_bacon_ [link] [comments]
- It appears as Janis Irwin has won a second term (go girl!). You know who she really reminds me a lot of?by /u/Awesomeuser90 (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 5:12 am
submitted by /u/Awesomeuser90 [link] [comments]
- Jaina from Edmonton on Good Mythical Moreby /u/Mijzero (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 4:30 am
For anyone who's a fan of Good Mythical Morning on YouTube, and their "show after the show", Good Mythical More, a young lady named Jaina from Edmonton was a Guest on today's GMM, through the Make A Wish Foyndation. I've watched these two guys for years now, and have seen one other kid from Make A Wish be a guest on the show, and these dudes just gel so well with the kids. Made my heart smile when I watched it earlier today. These two guys are a lot of fun to watch, and it was awesome to see them make a wish come true for a young lady from Edmonton. Nice! Link (no pun intended): https://youtu.be/NA40okM5VkI submitted by /u/Mijzero [link] [comments]
- Online Food Delivery | Bombay Chowpattyby Bombay Chowpatty (Calgary on Medium) on May 30, 2023 at 4:29 am
Online food delivery Calgary has revolutionized the way we satiate our hunger. In this article, we will talk about the transformative…Continue reading on Medium »
- If this is true - proud of you Edmonton ❤️by /u/throwaway808182 (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 4:26 am
submitted by /u/throwaway808182 [link] [comments]
- Calgary sure is nice in the summerby /u/cheeseburgers420 (Calgary: Onward) on May 30, 2023 at 4:03 am
submitted by /u/cheeseburgers420 [link] [comments]
- Sleep specialistby /u/Associate_Simple (Calgary: Onward) on May 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Our 3 year old son has struggled with sleep his whole life but it seems to be getting increasingly worse. It seems nearly impossible to get our doctor to take it seriously. Does anyone know of any private sleep experts in the city? Thank you and happy sleeping 🛌 submitted by /u/Associate_Simple [link] [comments]
- Somewhere in Elections AB HQ…by /u/pizgloria007 (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 3:34 am
submitted by /u/pizgloria007 [link] [comments]
- An Owner’s Guide to Renovating Your Restaurantby Kevin with Pircon Group (Calgary on Medium) on May 30, 2023 at 3:22 am
Renovating a restaurant can be an exciting project to enhance the ambiance, functionality, and overall appeal of the establishment. Here…Continue reading on Medium »
- R/Calgary 2023 Alberta Election megathread! How are you feeling?by /u/janearcade (Calgary: Onward) on May 30, 2023 at 2:39 am
submitted by /u/janearcade [link] [comments]
- I’m doing a Birds of Edmonton series. Thought the best bird to start off with would be the magpie.by /u/redditditdido (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 2:01 am
submitted by /u/redditditdido [link] [comments]
- To the person who illegally dumped in my bin - next time don't leave your name, address and a license plate (?)with your garbage.by /u/vertexsys (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 1:30 am
Seriously. This is a small business. What a waste of my employees time to haul this to the eco station, which would have cost you all of $25 to do yourself. Next time if you're going to dump illegally at least make sure you don't leave all your personal info, credit card statements and a motorcycle plate inside the dresser you dump. submitted by /u/vertexsys [link] [comments]
- 🌲 Thoughts / Experiences with Zone 4 Evergreen Trees ?by /u/paperwings1111 (Calgary: Onward) on May 30, 2023 at 1:24 am
Any ideas what Evergreen Trees I could plant along my fence line for privacy this autumn ? (I'm thinking 4 or 5 trees on each side) (Any tree that remains lovely through our winters/ Zone 4...) Thoughts/ Experiences on the ones I have in mind ? Will they work ? •Skybound Cedar (though I've been told cedars don't do well out here ?) •Blue/Green Spruce 1 of these in each corner at back of yard • Witchita Blue Juniper • Moonglow Juniper • Green Penguin Scotch Pine Ignore the atrocious sodding job lol it will be replaced with landscaping in the future. submitted by /u/paperwings1111 [link] [comments]
- Eight-year-old son of murdered Edmonton woman addresses killerby /u/trevorrobb (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 12:22 am
submitted by /u/trevorrobb [link] [comments]
- The most creative voting ad made out of pool noodles floating down the river valley lolby /u/Tragdoed (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 30, 2023 at 12:14 am
submitted by /u/Tragdoed [link] [comments]
- Any places to learn swimming as an adult?by /u/Bippity_Boppity69 (Calgary: Onward) on May 30, 2023 at 12:00 am
The title says it all , I am currently 20M and willing to learn swimming suggestions on places where I could join and which is budget friendly. Also , is it normal for a person my age to not know swimming? submitted by /u/Bippity_Boppity69 [link] [comments]
- Voting hours Not being givenby /u/JDoran12 (Calgary: Onward) on May 29, 2023 at 11:53 pm
What is there I can do to report a company that isn’t giving all their workers proper eligible time to go vote. For context I work at Amazon doing delivery and our dispatch starts at 11am and is to be done by 9:30. Amazon did not give us shorten routes and they actually got upset with me for returning to the station early with packages to leave so I can vote. submitted by /u/JDoran12 [link] [comments]
- What was that loud sound that lasted for at least a minute in Edmonton northeast today??by /u/Gloomsoul (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 29, 2023 at 11:40 pm
submitted by /u/Gloomsoul [link] [comments]
- When will they finish counting the ballots?by /u/CautiousApartment8 (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 29, 2023 at 10:51 pm
Do they usually finish it on the night of the election of will it go on til tomorrow? Thanks in advance for anyone who can answer! submitted by /u/CautiousApartment8 [link] [comments]
- The clean smell after the storm.by /u/Serious-Bat-4880 (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 29, 2023 at 9:37 pm
That warmed wet-earth smell when the sun comes out after the rain is one of my favorite things. snifffff-haaaah 😊 submitted by /u/Serious-Bat-4880 [link] [comments]
- : …by Apoorve Mongia (Calgary on Medium) on May 29, 2023 at 9:24 pm
𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗱𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻:Continue reading on Medium »
- Does anyone in Calgary have a Jurassic Park Jeep?by /u/Twice_Knightley (Calgary: Onward) on May 29, 2023 at 9:18 pm
I've seen these things kicking around and know a guy in Edmonton who has one, but I'm curious if anyone out there has lived the dream and made themselves. JP jeep? Would love to get in contact with them! if you know someone who has and they'd be willing to be put in touch with me, I have an event that I'd like to get them at, and I'm willing to compensate them for it! Thanks all, have a great day. submitted by /u/Twice_Knightley [link] [comments]
- "Officer-involved shooting on Memorial Drive" [Calgary.ca Newsroom Site]. Effectively describes what happened today per CPS.by /u/Gr4nt (Calgary: Onward) on May 29, 2023 at 9:18 pm
submitted by /u/Gr4nt [link] [comments]
- A few of you have asked if when Euro Cars and Coffee starts up again this year, and that is tomorrow. Note they have switched to a bi-weekly or twice a month format this year, rather than being weekly.by /u/HiTork (Calgary: Onward) on May 29, 2023 at 9:02 pm
submitted by /u/HiTork [link] [comments]
- Low speed police chase on Memorial this afternoonby /u/Yupish (Calgary: Onward) on May 29, 2023 at 5:22 pm
submitted by /u/Yupish [link] [comments]
- Which one of you vandaleyesd this?by /u/Unic0rnusRex (Calgary: Onward) on May 29, 2023 at 5:14 pm
Saw this driving down 33rd. There's two more signs with giant googly eyes on this guy in our neighborhood. submitted by /u/Unic0rnusRex [link] [comments]
- Missing dogby /u/YEG_MALA (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 29, 2023 at 4:11 pm
Posting for a friend , she’s quite heart broken , if you see this dog please get in touch with her submitted by /u/YEG_MALA [link] [comments]
- Cycling in Calgary is amazing.by /u/yycTechGuy (Calgary: Onward) on May 29, 2023 at 3:51 pm
This spring I decided to cycle more. I'm a long time cyclist but on and off for the last decade or so. I haven't cycled much in Calgary for a long time. I'm amazed and how nice it is cycling in Calgary these days. First off, the bike lanes. Cycling in traffic used to be fearsome as cars would zip by really close. Now with the bike lanes, even the painted ones, motorists are much more respectful and give space. What a novel concept. The City has widened and improved many paths. Not just for cyclists but also for pedestrians. And in many instances the city has separate paths for each. This is a dramatic improvement over the way it used to be. Cyclists can now take their bike on the C Train any time. I live close to a C train station so this means the whole city is now within my cycling range. Why drive anywhere ? I went downtown twice on the weekend with my bike. Didn't have to worry about parking. Didn't have to load my bike into my car. Once you are to the area you want to explore, getting somewhere is way quicker than walking. There are actually neat places to visit along bike paths. Calgary is starting to feel a bit like a European city that is designed around pedestrians and cyclists rather than cars. I'm seeing other cyclists at these places. The south side of the riverbank is so nice now. The East Village area needs more trees, but its nice. Fish Creek is great. Glenmore Reservoir is fun, but there is a lot of foot traffic on it. Bowness Park. Bowness itself is nice. The bike lanes are a huge improvement. Everywhere I went this weekend there were a ton of cyclists. And downtown there are a lot of people on scooters too. Great to see. eBikes are getting popular. I see people on eBikes that I suspect wouldn't be on a non pedal bike. 17th Ave is a nightmare pedestrian and bike wise. Which is a shame because there are some good places along it. Traffic noise is terrible along that street if you sit on a patio. I'd love to see the City remove the parking lanes on 17th and use that space for bikes and walking but parking is already non existent if you drive down there. Google Maps is a great way to figure out how to get somewhere on a bike. But it would be nicer if it had the option to select Ctrain and bike as the transportation method. I wish there was a good bike route from SW Calgary to Bragg Creek. I've cycled there several times. I always meet other cyclists going there. It's a good destination but there is a lot of traffic and the shoulder on 22 isn't the smoothest. Happy cycling. Edit Is there a way to get to me and my bike to Canmore or Banff or highway 40 or Lake Louise without driving ? Like public transit or a bus ? I'd love to do cycling daytrips and not have to use a car. It would be so cool if there was a train from Calgary to say Revelstoke that one could do day/weekend trips on, like in Europe. Sit on the train for a couple hours, ride, have drinks/dinner in a mountain town then take the train home again. I'd love to do that with skiing too. submitted by /u/yycTechGuy [link] [comments]
- Giraffe at Calgary zoo died from a broken neck, investigation revealsby /u/janearcade (Calgary: Onward) on May 29, 2023 at 3:38 pm
submitted by /u/janearcade [link] [comments]
- Clover in YYCby /u/kevanbruce (Calgary: Onward) on May 29, 2023 at 2:09 pm
Seeing people post about moving to clover instead of grass lawns, but most of the comments, all positive by the way, are from Edmonton. Does anybody in Calgary have thoughts? Thanks. submitted by /u/kevanbruce [link] [comments]
- I regret moving to small town Albertaby /u/FELTMARKER (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on May 29, 2023 at 2:01 pm
A group was walking around last night tearing down NDP signs (including mine--caught on camera). Why are right-wingers so vile? submitted by /u/FELTMARKER [link] [comments]
- Calgary Marathon attracts more than 9,200 racers, raises $475K for charityby /u/_darth_bacon_ (Calgary: Onward) on May 29, 2023 at 1:37 pm
submitted by /u/_darth_bacon_ [link] [comments]
- 5 Key Reasons Why Individuals Need to Get Their Fingerprints Registeredby Anzac Security Services (Calgary on Medium) on May 29, 2023 at 11:40 am
Looking for reliable electronic fingerprinting services Calgary? Rely on Anzac Security Services. With no appointments required and…Continue reading on Medium »
- If you haven't already, please vote tomorrow!!by /u/moisbettah (Calgary: Onward) on May 29, 2023 at 2:46 am
This election is way too important to sit out or ignore. The result is on Calgarians this time!!! Voting is our right, but it's also our responsibility and obligation. And the result of who is our next government will affect millions of Calgarian and Albertan lives, either for the better or for the worst. Everyone is allowed 3 hours I believe? by their employer to have time to vote. Do it. You won't regret it. There were just 6 votes making the difference in Calgary-Glenmore... SIX people turned that riding. Make sure you and your friends and family VOTE. Please. P.S. I have never posted an election sign in front of my home... until this election. I have NEVER volunteered my time to any political party on my day off .... until this election. Let's get off our asses and get involved, so we don't blame ourselves when the party we support does not squeak through!!! submitted by /u/moisbettah [link] [comments]
- We can all be Heroesby Afolabi Soaga (Calgary on Medium) on May 27, 2023 at 9:25 pm
Today, I tell a true-life story of an experience I had on the C-train on my way back from work some weeks ago. I saw from that experience…Continue reading on Medium »
- Estimating the Average Outdoor Daily Temperature in My House in South of Calgary using Time Series…by Carlos Magno Nascimento (Calgary on Medium) on May 27, 2023 at 4:18 pm
IntroductionContinue reading on Medium »
- Monki’s Breakfast Club & Bistro: Restaurant Reviewby Erika Ravnsborg (Calgary on Medium) on May 26, 2023 at 5:40 pm
*** 3.5/5 Stars *** Monki’s Breakfast ReviewContinue reading on Medium »
- Oodle Noodle; Restaurant Reviewby Erika Ravnsborg (Calgary on Medium) on May 26, 2023 at 5:37 pm
5/5 *****Continue reading on Medium »
- cash for cars calgaryby Albertacashforcars (Calgary on Medium) on May 25, 2023 at 9:05 am
As the owner of a used car, you may find yourself in a situation where you need to sell your vehicle quickly and easily. Whether you are…Continue reading on Medium »
- In the Path of a Catastrophic Tornadoby Darren Weir (Edmonton on Medium) on May 24, 2023 at 3:39 pm
I survived Black Friday in my hometownContinue reading on The Narrative Arc »
- Edmonton Air quality, is it worth going outside?by Ron Lerner (Edmonton on Medium) on May 20, 2023 at 1:22 pm
Are you an Edmontonian tired of breathing in smog and wondering whether it’s even worth going outside? You’re not alone. Air quality is a…Continue reading on Medium »
- Professional Residential Movers is Alberta Moving Service Ltd Serving Across Albertaby Alberta Moving Services - Movers in Edmonton Town (Edmonton on Medium) on May 20, 2023 at 4:38 am
When it comes to moving, whether it’s a residential or commercial relocation, finding reliable and efficient movers is crucial. In…Continue reading on Medium »
- Check Alberta Rose Towing Services for Local Towing in Edmontonby Ab Towtruck (Edmonton on Medium) on May 19, 2023 at 10:59 am
Continue reading on Medium »
- Hazim Gaber — CEO Of Ehzee Engineering Corporationby Hazim Gaber (Edmonton on Medium) on May 16, 2023 at 6:39 am
Hazim Gaber holds certifications for Cisco, VMWare, EMC and Crestron. He has hands-on experience configuring switches and routers as well…Continue reading on Medium »
- Demystifying Eating Disorders: Types, Causes, and Symptomsby Cubo SEO (Edmonton on Medium) on May 11, 2023 at 4:17 am
Unraveling the Complexities of Eating DisordersContinue reading on Medium »
- Dentist doctor in Edmonton- My Family Dentalby Myfamilydentaledmonton (Edmonton on Medium) on May 10, 2023 at 3:02 am
Do you want to have a perfect smile and white teeth? Then visit Dentist doctor in Edmonton for the regular dental check-ups and other…Continue reading on Medium »
- State of the City 2023by Office of the Mayor Amarjeet Sohi (Edmonton on Medium) on May 9, 2023 at 7:31 pm
My speech from May 9, 2023 in full below.Continue reading on Mayor Sohi »
- Roadside assistance tipsby Ab Towtruck (Edmonton on Medium) on May 9, 2023 at 1:25 pm
Here are some additional details about roadside assistance:Continue reading on Medium »
- FOUNDATION CRACKS: HOW WORRIED SHOULD I BE?by Crack Buster Concrete Inc. (Edmonton on Medium) on May 8, 2023 at 4:04 pm
Found a crack in your basement? Take a deep breath. All poured concrete foundations develop vertical or diagonal cracks. These sorts of…Continue reading on Medium »
- Career/Employment Advice & Discussion Threadby /u/AutoModerator (Calgary: Onward) on May 5, 2023 at 10:01 am
Please use this thread to discuss any job/career relevant questions or other information you might have to share with the sub. Know somewhere hiring? Seen something coming up? Job fairs? Placement agency stories? If you're sharing information for a job please include a link/source as well, if available. Our goal is to keep the discussion in one place to better organize /r/Calgary and hopefully find work for someone. Please remember the subreddit rules and reddiquette when commenting. Job posts outside this thread will be removed and directed here. Update your resume - https://reddit.com/r/resumes Search the most popular websites: Indeed - https://ca.indeed.com/m/jobs?l=Calgary%2C+AB Monster - https://www.monster.ca/jobs/l-calgary-ab City of Calgary - https://www.calgary.ca/cfod/hr/careers/career-opportunities.html?redirect=/careers Alberta Jobs Centre - https://www.albertajobcentre.ca/companies Search the Job Bank - https://www jobbank.gc.ca/home Thank you! submitted by /u/AutoModerator [link] [comments]
- r/Edmonton MegaMegaThread (Transit, Business, Moving to Edmonton, etc.)by /u/yeg (Stories from in and about Edmonton) on April 6, 2023 at 5:16 pm
Here are current active megathreads: Transit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Edmonton/comments/12dqxzm/megathread_complaining_about_the_state_of_public/ Business Promotion: https://www.reddit.com/r/Edmonton/comments/100tz2x/local_business_promotion_thread_20230101_to/ Moving to Edmonton: https://www.reddit.com/r/Edmonton/comments/11ma4a0/moving_to_edmonton_megathread_2023/ I'll leave discussion open because you might have some feedback. If you want to talk about transit or business or moving to Edmonton please use the appropriate megathread. Thank you. submitted by /u/yeg [link] [comments]