RPA: How to reset Blue Prism admin password
Robotic Process Automation: Blue Prism v6
Issue: BluePrism admin Password forgotten or lost
Assumption – you have access to the database and you can modify tables
To reset the Blue Prism admin password, you will need to access the Blue Prism database and update the password for the admin account. Here are the general steps you can follow:
- Stop the Blue Prism service.
- Open SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the Blue Prism database.
- Run the following SQL query to update the password for the admin account:
UPDATE [dbo].[User] SET Password = 'newpassword' WHERE UserName = 'admin'
- Replace ‘newpassword’ with the desired new password.
- Start the Blue Prism service.
- Log in to the Blue Prism application using the new admin password.
Please note that the above steps are just general guidelines, and the exact steps may vary depending on your specific Blue Prism installation. It is always recommended to take a backup of the database before making any changes.
This command finds the user with the username admin and resets their password back to the original admin string, but will not force a password change on the next log in.
Use SQL Server Management studio or any SQL Editor, then connect to (LocalDB)\BluePrismLocalDB Server, then write and execute the query below: