You can translate the content of this page by selecting a language in the select box.
AWS Serverless – Facts and summaries, Top 20 AWS Serverless Questions and Answers Dump
Definition 1: Serverless computing is a cloud-computing execution model in which the cloud provider runs the server, and dynamically manages the allocation of machine resources. Pricing is based on the actual amount of resources consumed by an application, rather than on pre-purchased units of capacity. It can be a form of utility computing.
Definition 2: AWS Serverless is the native architecture of the cloud that enables you to shift more of your operational responsibilities to AWS, increasing your agility and innovation. Serverless allows you to build and run applications and services without thinking about servers. It eliminates infrastructure management tasks such as server or cluster provisioning, patching, operating system maintenance, and capacity provisioning.
AWS Serverless Facts and summaries
- The AWS Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM) is a model to define serverless applications. AWS SAM is natively supported by AWS CloudFormation and provides a simplified way of defining the Amazon API Gateway APIs, AWS Lambda functions, and Amazon DynamoDB tables needed by your serverless application.
- You can use AWS CodePipeline with the AWS Serverless Application Model to automate building, testing, and deploying serverless applications. AWS CodeBuild integrates with CodePipeline to provide automated builds. You can use AWS CodeDeploy to gradually roll out and test new Lambda function versions.
- You can monitor and troubleshoot the performance of your serverless applications and AWS Lambda functions with AWS services and third-party tools. Amazon CloudWatch helps you see real-time reporting metrics and logs for your serverless applications. You can use AWS X-Ray to debug and trace your serverless applications and AWS Lambda.
- The AWS Serverless Application Repository is a managed repository for serverless applications. It enables teams, organizations, and individual developers to store and share reusable applications, and easily assemble and deploy serverless architectures in powerful new ways. Using the Serverless Application Repository, you don’t need to clone, build, package, or publish source code to AWS before deploying it. Instead, you can use pre-built applications from the Serverless Application Repository in your serverless architectures, helping you and your teams reduce duplicated work, ensure organizational best practices, and get to market faster.
- Anyone with an AWS account can publish a serverless application to the Serverless Application Repository. Applications can be privately shared with specific AWS accounts. Applications that are shared publicly include a link to the application’s source code so others can view what the application does and how it works.
- What kinds of applications are available in the AWS Serverless Application Repository? The AWS Serverless Application Repository includes applications for Alexa Skills, chatbots, data processing, IoT, real time stream processing, web and mobile back-ends, social media trend analysis, image resizing, and more from publishers on AWS.
- The AWS Serverless Application Repository enables developers to publish serverless applications developed in a GitHub repository. Using AWS CodePipeline to link a GitHub source with the AWS Serverless Application Repository can make the publishing process even easier, and the process can be set up in minutes.
- What two arguments does a Python Lambda handler function require?
- A Lambda deployment package contains Function code and libraries not included within the runtime environment
- When referencing the remaining time left for a Lambda function to run within the function’s code you would use The context object.
- Long-running memory-intensive workloads is LEAST suited to AWS Lambda
- The maximum execution duration of your Lambda functions is Fifteen Minutes
- Logs for Lambda functions are Stored in AWS CloudWatch
- Docker Container Images are constructed using instructions in a file called Dockerfile
- The ECS Task Agent Is responsible for starting and stopping tasks. It runs inside the EC2 instance and reports on information like running tasks and resource utilization
- AWS ECR Stores Container Images.
- Elastic Beanstalk is used to Deploy and scale web applications and services developed with a supported platform
- When deploying a simple Python web application with Elastic Beanstalk which of the following AWS resources will be created and managed for you by Elastic Beanstalk?
An Elastic Load Balancer, an S3 Bucket, an Ec2 instance.
- When using Elastic Beanstalk you can deploy your web applications by:
- Configuring a git repository with Elastic Beanstalk so that changes will be detected and your application will be updated.
- Uploading code files to the Elastic Beanstalk service
Reference: AWS Serverless
AWS LAMBDA EXPLAINED GRAPHICALLY:
AWS Serverless: Top 20 Questions and Answers Dump
Q00: You have created a serverless application which converts text in to speech using a combination of S3, API Gateway, Lambda, Polly, DynamoDB and SNS. Your users complain that only some text is being converted, whereas longer amounts of text does not get converted. What could be the cause of this problem?
- A. Polly has built in censorship, so if you try and send it text that is deemed offensive, it will not generate an MP3.
- B. You’ve placed your DynamoDB table in a single availability zone, which is currently down, causing an outage.
- C. Your lambda function needs a longer execution time. You should check how long is needed in the fringe cases and increase the timeout inside the function to slightly longer than that.
- D. AWS X-ray service is interfering with the application and should be disabled.
Q1: How does API Gateway deal with legacy SOAP applications?
- A. Converts the response from the application to REST
- B. Converts the response from the application to HTML
- C. Provides webservice passthrough for SOAP applications
- D. Converts the response from the application to XML
Q3: You have launched a new web application on AWS using API Gateway, Lambda and S3. Someone post a thread to reddit about your application and it starts to go viral.
Your start receiving 100000 requests every second and you notice that most requests are similar.
Your web application begins to struggle. What can you do to optimize performance of your application?
- A. Enable API Gateway Accelerator
- B. Enable API Gateway caching to cache frequent requests.
- C. Change your route53 allias record to point to AWS Neptune and then configure Neptune to filter your API requests to genuine requests only.
- D. Migrate your API Gateway to an Network Load Balancer and enable session stickiness for all sessions.
Q4: Which of the following services does X-ray integrate with? (Choose 3)
- A. Elastic Load Balancer
- B. Lambda
- C. S3
- D. API Gateway
Q5: You are a developer for a busy real estate company and you want to enable other real estate agents to the
ability to show properties on your books, but skinned so that it looks like their own website. You decide the most efficient way to do this is to
expose your API to the public. The project works well, however one of your competitors starts abusing this, sending your API tens of thousands
of requests per second. This generates a HTTP 429 error. Each agent connects to your API using individual API Keys. What actions can you take to stop this behavior?
- A. Use AWS Shield Advanced API protection to block the requests.
- B. Deploy multiple API Gateways and give the agent access to another API Gateway.
- C. Place an AWS Web Application Firewall in front of API gateway and filter requests.
- D. Throttle the agents API access using the individual API Keys
Q6: You are developing a new application using serverless infrastructure and are using services such as S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway, CloudFront, CloudFormation and Polly.
You deploy your application to production and your end users begin complaining about receiving a HTTP 429 error. What could be the cause of the error?
- A. You enabled API throttling for a rate limit of 1000 requests per second while in development and now that you have deployed to production your API Gateway is being throttled.
- B. Your cloudFormation stack is not valid and is failling to deploy properly which is causing a HTTP 429 error.
- C. Your lambda function does not have sufficient permissions to read to DynamoDB and this is generating a HTTP 429 error.
- D. You have an S3 bucket policy which is preventing lambda from being able to write tyo your bucket, generating a HTTP 429 error.
Q7: What is the format of structured notification messages sent by Amazon SNS?
- A. An XML object containing MessageId, UnsubscribeURL, Subject, Message and other
- B. An JSON object containing MessageId, DuplicateFlag, Message and other values
- C. An XML object containing MessageId, DuplicateFlag, Message and other values
- D. An JSON object containing MessageId, unsubscribeURL, Subject, Message and other
Other AWS Facts and Summaries and Questions/Answers Dump
- AWS S3 facts and summaries and Q&A Dump
- AWS DynamoDB facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS EC2 facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS Serverless facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS Developer and Deployment Theory facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS IAM facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS Lambda facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS SQS facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS RDS facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS ECS facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS CloudWatch facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS SES facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS EBS facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS ELB facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS Autoscaling facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS VPC facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS KMS facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS CodeBuild facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS CodeDeploy facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump
- AWS CodePipeline facts and summaries and Questions and Answers Dump