You can translate the content of this page by selecting a language in the select box.
Is it possible to sideload an app or game onto the Xbox One?
It may come as a surprise that sideloading apps and games onto the Xbox One is not only possible, but quite easy too! All it takes is an external USB drive, some files, and a few clicks of the controller. Once you have the necessary components, sideloading onto your console is as easy as following a few simple steps. First, copy your app or game to your external drive. Then connect the drive to your Xbox One. From there you can access your sideloaded content directly from the console’s main menu. And just like that you are ready to sideload and enjoy whatever app or game you please!
Sideloading refers to the process of installing an app or game onto a device from a source other than an official app store.
To sideload an app or game onto an Xbox One console, you will need to have access to the app or game file in the form of an .xap or .appx file. You will also need to have a developer account and have your Xbox One console set up for development.
To sideload an app or game onto your Xbox One console:
- Download the .xap or .appx file for the app or game you want to sideload.
- Sign in to your developer account and go to the Dev Center dashboard.
- Click on the “Add new” button and select “Add new app” from the drop-down menu.
- Follow the prompts to upload the .xap or .appx file and complete the submission process.
- Once the app or game has been submitted, it will be available for sideloading onto your Xbox One console.
- To sideload the app or game onto your console, go to the “Apps” section in the Xbox One settings and select “Install local apps.”
- Follow the prompts to install the app or game onto your console.
I hope this information is helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions.
If you have been looking for a way to sideload an app or game onto your Xbox One console, then you’re in luck! This is actually quite simple and can be done with just a few steps. First, go to the Microsoft Store online and find the app or game you want to sideload. Next, download the file onto your computer. Finally, connect a USB drive to your computer and copy the sideloaded files onto it. Then, disconnect the USB drive and plug it into your Xbox One console – and voila! You should now be able to sideload apps or games directly onto your Xbox One. Be sure to check out our blog which has more tips on sideloding apps on Xbox One.