You can translate the content of this page by selecting a language in the select box.
If you’re a movie buff or a geek, there’s no doubt you love spending your free time watching films and TV shows that inspire your passions. And in the age of Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO, there’s no shortage of inspiring content to watch. This blog post takes a look at some of the best geeky and tech-inspired movies and TV shows available on streaming services today. So whether you’re a die-hard Star Wars fan or you can’t get enough of Andy Griffith reruns, there’s something for everyone in this roundup!
As a software engineer who works long hours and go to kids activities after work, TV shows and movies help me relax after work.
This blog is an aggregate of trailers, questions and answers about of Geek inspired Movies and TV Shows.
n the trailer the Queen/Bassett says her entire family is dead. It also shows Lupita giving birth to T’Challa’s child.
So, the Atlanteans attack. Shuri is killed in her attempt to take the BP mantle and defend Wakandan, or maybe captured and presumed dead. Then Nakia gives birth. Somehow a heart shaped herb is found and given to her, she is powered up and quickly recovers from giving birth (she may even take it while pregnant because she is seriously injured in the Atlantean attack.) Nakia becomes BP and queen regent. She fights Namor, and maybe also rescues Shuri.
Something like that.
Day Shift | Jamie Foxx, Dave Franco, and Snoop Dogg | Official Trailer | Netflix
Bud Jablonski (Jamie Fox) is a pool cleaner who scores extra cash as an exterminator, ridding the San Fernando Valley of its enduring vampire problem. But he does this work freelance—not part of the slayers union—so it’s not as lucrative as it is for his friend Big John Elliott (Snoop Dogg,) who is using his clout to bring Bud back to guild wages and benefits.
DEATH OF A LADIES’ MAN (2022) – Official Trailer
Trying to wrap my head around why they called the movie Death of a Ladies Man but used Bird on a Wire instead.
The movie was “inspired by the songs of Leonard Cohen.” So, I assume they’re going to use more than one.
Ticket to Paradise | Official Trailer [HD]
What if in the end of Ocean’s Thirteen Danny and Tess got married, had a kid and divorced and now 20 years later try to sabotage their child’s engagement.
Looks like a rom com where there’s not a single unpredictable moment and yet will still be kind of fun.
Bodies Bodies Bodies | Official Trailer 2 HD | A24
SEE HOW THEY RUN | Official Trailer | Searchlight Pictures
It’s obvious from the popularity of “only murders in the building”, “knives out”, and the recent Christie movies that we’re entering a new era of campy mystery movies and I couldn’t be more excited for it.
Thirteen Lives – Official Trailer | Prime Video
Just watching the trailer is making me feel claustrophobic.
NOPE – Official Alternate Trailer – July 22
s it just me or do all of the night scenes look like they’re filmed in the day and color shifted to look like it’s night?
I remember they did that in 28 weeks later and it looked really jarring and cheap.
Honor Society | Official Trailer | Paramount+ | July 29th
It wrinkles my brain that McLovin is now old enough to play a teacher.
Vikrant Rona | Official trailer (English) | releasing on July 28
Kannada film industry producing really great movies.., visuals are at Hollywood level.., KGF 2, 777 Charli, Vikrant Rona..
What TV show was amazing at first but became unwatchable for you later on?
Season 1 was great and fresh. Season 2 didn’t know what to do with itself and just started giving everyone super powers.
By Season 3, characters were just changing motivations at the drop of a hat and it was just a huge mess of bad writing.
The blacklist, so many loopholes and a never ending plot. I mean, the female hero (forgot her name) was wanted and had her pictures broadcast nationwide live, but a couple of weeks after she can do undercover work.
Not the worst offender, but That 70’s Show tanked pretty hard once Eric left. He was sorely needed to make the chemistry of the group work.
Once Upon a Time. The first 3 seasons were good! And then after that they just kept getting worse
What are movies where the final line of dialogue is the title of the movie?
Anyway, got me thinking, what are some other movies like this? Last words are the title of the film.
1- “And then they realized they were no longer little girls…They were little women.” – As read by Moe
3- “I am Iron Man“
4- The Breakfast Club
5- “It’s Fantastic.”
6- “Say that again”
7- “It’s Fantastic”
8- “Guys, I think I’ve got it”
10- I told my wife about my dinner with Andre“
11- Queen’s Boulevard
12- “By the end of that summer of ’59, we truly were a Fellowship of the Ring.”
13- Mystery men ends with a reporter asking “who are these Mystery men?”
14- “Finally, an end to these Star Wars”
How strong is Black Noir in The Boys?
I’d argue he’s the second most powerful member of The Seven
(Note, I’m doing TV Show Black Noir)
Black Noir is my favorite character in The Boys only second to Stormfront (cause she’s hot). So I always wanted to publicly share where I scale Noir, but before I do this, I have to share a few stuff stuff.
- The Boys Presents Diabolical is mostly canon, specifically episodes 6,7 and 8.
That’s really all, now sit back and enjoy (or dislike) this answer.
- Section 1: AP
Black Noir’s AP feat-wise isn’t too impressive since his speed is the real deal, but he’s still no joke since he’s able to fight and defeat Kimiko in a battle.
(I consider this fight to be an outlier since Black Noir should be faster than her, but it doesn’t change the fight since Black Noir is stronger)
And keep in mind this is the same Kimiko that survived attacks from A-Train
And even reacted to A Train while he was going fast
This says a lot since she was badly damaged while fighting Noir (Had to use her self healing to survive), and she didn’t even get harmed that much while fighting A-Train since she got back up a few seconds later.
And he has shown himself to be much stronger than Starlight in multiple instances
This is the same Starlight that survived an attack from Stormfront (Same with Kimiko)
And Starlight tanked a Serbu BFG 50A with no injury
So already Noir scales above Kimiko and Starlight and scales above A Train due to a better performance aganist Kimiko, you could also argue his AP being at least on par with Maeve due to the tree nut scene and her deciding to use tree nuts instead of fighting him.
But it’s an iffy argument, doesn’t really matter though cause I think Noir beats her regardless.
- Section 2: Speed
My favorite section yet.
Noir is stated to be much faster than a car
Not too impressive but this is just the start.
Black Noir was consistently able to dodge Homelander’s beams
And dodged Homelander himself
I made an answer as to why Homelander is Hypersonic+ at least and his lasers are faster, check it out
Homelander is narratively potrayed to be the most powerful being in The Boys and should be the fastest
Not only that but Black Noir is consistently able to counter Homelander’s beams with his knives and is fast enough to throw them
No one in The Boys has shown a good speed feat like Black Noir just for this (excluding Homelander) not even A Train has shown anything like this.
- Section 3: Durability
Doesn’t show too much but he’s able to tank a bomb from Naqib
With minor injuries to him
And tanked explosions previously as well
- Section 4: Others
Not too much but he’s great at Martial Arts, Stealth, Weapons, etc. He’s basically Batman
I hope you enjoyed the answer, wanna thank some people who remain annoymous for proving the scans to some of these
Black Adam – Official Trailer
Marvel Studios’ Thor: Love and Thunder | Official Trailer
Three Thousand Years of Longing | Official Trailer
BARBARIAN | Official Trailer | In Theaters August 31
What are considered the best western TV shows?
The Western TV shows that are usually considered the best, are the ones from the 50s and 60s.
Rawhide (1959 – 1965).
Bonanza (1959 – 1973).
Wagon Train (1957 – 1965).
Maverick (1957 – 1962).
Have Gun – Will Travel (1957 – 1963).
The Wild Wild West (1965 – 1969).
Gunsmoke (1955 – 1975).
Thanks for reading. Source: https://qr.ae/pvPYMs
- What are some time periods that you would like to see Predator movies set in?by /u/PhillyCheese69 on August 9, 2022 at 4:19 pm
With the recent “Prey” movie being set in the 1700s, it had me thinking of some possible time periods for Predator movies being set in. A couple that come to mind are Old West, middle age era Japan featuring Samurai as main characters, Victorian era London, maybe during WW1 and WW2. Let me know what you think! submitted by /u/PhillyCheese69 [link] [comments]
- TRIANGLE OF SADNESS - Official Trailer - In Theaters October 7by /u/MarvelsGrantMan136 on August 9, 2022 at 4:02 pm
submitted by /u/MarvelsGrantMan136 [link] [comments]
- Official Poster for Ruben Östlund’s 'TRIANGLE OF SADNESS'by /u/MarvelsGrantMan136 on August 9, 2022 at 4:01 pm
submitted by /u/MarvelsGrantMan136 [link] [comments]
- Dads Army on Netflixby Theo Scott on August 9, 2022 at 3:52 pm
https://www.stream-hunter.com/how-to-watch-dads-army-on-netflix/Continue reading on Medium »
- The Ultimate Film Resource On Enlightenment…Are You Ready To Awaken?by Just P.A.U.L.A on August 9, 2022 at 3:39 pm
Many genres, a lot of sci-fi, time travelling and some mind-blowing films you cannot miss #37 “Man From Earth” #49 “I, Origins”Continue reading on Medium »
- ‘Carter’ (2022) Review: Exhausting Action Sequences Ruins the Movie’s Qualityby Nuha Hassan on August 9, 2022 at 3:35 pm
Carter is a dizzying movie that shows violence with well-choreographed action sequences.Continue reading on Medium »
- 10 Iranian Movies Everyone Must Seeby Hamid Jafari on August 9, 2022 at 3:24 pm
This list will help audiences who are inclined to become familiar with Iran’s cinema.Continue reading on Counter Arts »
- “Mauj me rehne de na duniya”by Himanshu verma on August 9, 2022 at 3:12 pm
Borderline — I’m fucked so, buckle up fucklehead.Continue reading on Medium »
- Bullet Train Is a Fun, Over-the-Top Action Comedy That’s Just Entertaining Enoughby J. DeShun on August 9, 2022 at 3:03 pm
It doesn’t take itself too seriously and you shouldn’t either.Continue reading on Fanfare »
- ‘Jurassic World Dominion’ Extended Cut Set for Digital and Blu-ray Release August 16thby /u/indig0sixalpha on August 9, 2022 at 2:44 pm
submitted by /u/indig0sixalpha [link] [comments]
- How Pinar Toprak Became The First Female Composer To Score A Billion-Dollar Blockbuster Filmby /u/YanaFrolova5vz1 on August 9, 2022 at 2:26 pm
submitted by /u/YanaFrolova5vz1 [link] [comments]
- Ben Kingsley’s Salvador Dali Biopic ‘Daliland’ to Close TIFF 2022by /u/indig0sixalpha on August 9, 2022 at 2:00 pm
submitted by /u/indig0sixalpha [link] [comments]
- The Making of Dr. Strangeloveby Loren Kantor on August 9, 2022 at 1:18 pm
In 1963, America was a nervous wreck. The country witnessed the Bay of Pigs fiasco, the start of the Vietnam conflict, the building of the…Continue reading on Picture Palace »
- How has there not been a 'Shark Tank' style show with movie pitches?by /u/CrashWiz21 on August 9, 2022 at 1:16 pm
I mean, it seems like Hollywood has been jonesing for new, original stories for quite some time. This would definitely solve a lot of the "remake/reboot" circle jerk we find ourselves in, and would give a lot of new and unknown people an opportunity to break into the industry. The investors are producers at whatever studio, and you would have to put together a pitch to sell these people on your idea. It could have some legal tie-in to peoples ideas; like you can't come pitch your idea unless you have it copyrighted or something like that. What do you all think? What would be major reasons why this show couldn't work? submitted by /u/CrashWiz21 [link] [comments]
- Google and Sonos are now fighting over voice assistant patentsby Debbie on August 9, 2022 at 1:15 pm
Google has sued Sonos, alleging that its new voice assistant violates seven patents related to its own Google Assistant technology, CNET…Continue reading on Medium »
- ROBOMOJO is an AI That Creates Movie Posters Using Text Informationby ODSC - Open Data Science on August 9, 2022 at 1:03 pm
Teaching artificial intelligence to interpret information from text and convert it into images has become a fascinating venture within the…Continue reading on Medium »
- Mockingbird Don’t Sing. 2001. HD.by 1990 on August 9, 2022 at 12:58 pm
Mockingbird Don’t Sing. 2001. HD. Mockingbird Don’t Sing is a 2001 American independent film based on the true story of Genie, a…Continue reading on Medium »
- Arrival(2016)-like movies?by /u/neauxsht96 on August 9, 2022 at 12:58 pm
It was a chilly, and cloudy afternoon and I was feeling a bit sick, turned on Netflix and just randomly played a movie. And it was Arrival. I've always been a big fan of Sci-fi movies, but as a teen, I wasn't a fan of slow-burn movies. But now as an adult, I couldn't believe myself lol bc I'm now a big fan. But anyway, I REALLY loved it. The atmosphere, the vibe, the plot. It was a really good movie experience. I can't seem to get over it bc I've been looking for movies that would give me the same experience. Can anyone suggest movies like it? It doesn't have to be the same genre. I'll try to watch everything recommended. Thank you submitted by /u/neauxsht96 [link] [comments]
- Great Movie Scenes- Ecstasy of Goldby /u/LoneWolfInCyberia on August 9, 2022 at 12:24 pm
Ecstasy of Gold On the face of it, the scene is just about a guy running frantically in a graveyard, looking for some lost money. There are no dialogs, no exposition nothing. Yet in the hands of Sergio Leone this entire scene becomes a work of art. Just consider the start here, the Good guy( Clint Eastwood) cooly lights the cannon, the explosion throws Ugly guy Tuco( Eli Wallach) of his horse, and he stumbles on what is a large graveyard. Again just observe the way Leone, builds this up here, as Tuco rolls on the ground, he hits a tombstone. He looks at the map he is carrying and he looks out, the entire graveyard is sprawling right in front of him. One of the graves has the fortune he is seeking. He throws away the map and then goes into a frantic dash seeking the money. Two factors here elevate the movie, one is cinematography, zooming to show a wide angle view of the graveyard, and then zooming in to show Tuco’s face as he desperately searches for the treasure. You are exposed to both the larger scenery, and the character going back and fro, till you are totally swept into it. You become part of the chase, the dizzying blur of gravestones around you, you share Tuco’s desperation. And then Ennio Morricone’s music, all I can say is out of the world. While the theme of Good, Bad and Ugly is in a league by itself, the Ecstasy of Gold is another level altogether. There have been some great scenes in Western movies, but to date, nothing IMO, really matches this scene in The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. submitted by /u/LoneWolfInCyberia [link] [comments]
- Night Shift at 40: Michael Keaton shines and Ron Howard gets wonderfully zanyby /u/JannTosh12 on August 9, 2022 at 12:10 pm
submitted by /u/JannTosh12 [link] [comments]
- Let's get one thing straight: the past tense of "cast" is "cast"by /u/zuuzuu on August 9, 2022 at 11:53 am
"Casted" is not a word. While we're at it, actors play roles. Not rolls. This is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. People understand what you're saying, so nobody bothers to correct these mistakes. Overall, we're more interested in the point you're making than in the one or two words you got wrong while making it. But it seems to me that maybe someone should tell you you're using the wrong words. Or words that aren't even words. So there you have it. Do with this information what you will. submitted by /u/zuuzuu [link] [comments]
- The Good Shepard - Do Not Watch on Netflix UKby /u/Zopolite on August 9, 2022 at 10:53 am
Watched The Good Shephard on Netflix last night as it has been recently added in the UK. Over all I thought it was fairly average (for lots of reasons), even as someone who enjoys slow moving "boring" movies like this. But the thing that annoyed me the most was that there were a few scenes that didn't really feel relevant, plot points that went nowhere, or were forgotten about entirely, and some logical inconsistencies. At worst it seemed like terrible film making, really amateur, and at best I thought maybe it was a clusmy attempt to confuse the audience and make them suspicious (given the general atmostphere and theme of distrust and manipulation that the movie tries to convey). Feeling a bit unsatisfied this morning I looked up a synopsis of the movie to try and explain things I didn't fully "get". Turns out the version on Netflix is just missing entire scenes. Spoiler Example; From the online synopsis; When the main character, Edward, is in college he meets and starts dating a deaf girl, Laura. They meet in a library, hit it off, and start a relationship. Then at an event for the secret society he's a member of Edward meets and is seduced by another girl, Clover. Later, Clover's brother meets Edward and tells him that Clover is pregnant. Laura is nearby and can lip read, so she also learns this and leaves Edward. Edward then marries Clover. From the movie; Scene - Edward meets Laura in the library and they hit it off and start talking. Next Scene - Edward goes to the event and is seduced by Clover. Next Scene - Edward and Clover get married. Some scenes about Laura and Edward having a relationship and then them both finding out about the affair/pregancy are presumably both missing here. Even Worse Spoiler Example; Later in the movie Edward and Laura accidentlally meet again and go for a drink. The discussion they have and direction of the scene is them regreting how their relationship ended and builds anticipation for them potentially beginning an affair, or Edward leaving Clover for Laura. The scene ends with Laura getting in a taxi. The camera lingers on both characters as Edwards stands holding the taxi door open. He eventually closes it and walks away, indicating that although he is very tempted to put his own happiness first he has a responsability to his wife and son that he wont betray again. Clover is sent photos showing Edward and Laura together which seem to be manipulated to make it look like they had an affair. Edward doesn't deny it or defend himself. Later there is a scene where Laura is delivered a necklace by one of Edwards' CIA staff. We don't see Laura for the rest of the movie. The synopsis says that Edward and Laura actually did have an affair, so I'm presuming that the photos were not altered and we are just missing several scenes of the affair occuring. The edited version of the scene so clearly leads you to think Edward does not persue an affair, it's so bizarre! It also now makes sense why Edward didn't deny the affair, and I guess during the affair there was some meaning behind the necklace and its return? In the edit we just see the return of a random necklace that doesn't make sense. I was on the verge of trying to find a version of the movie from an alternate source just to make sure I wasn't going mad, but found this on IMDB; Runtime 2 hr 47 min (167 min) 2 hr 19 min (139 min) (cut) (Russia) 2h19m is the same runtime as Netflix UK, so I guess they are using this Russian version for some reason? I tried looking up info on this Russian version and why the edits were made but couldn't find anything. I also couldn't find anyone else online discussing this cut down version, or it's existance on Netflix. i also wonder why this version was made in the first place. I guess I'm on some CIA watchlist now. TLDR; Netflix UK added a cut down version of The Good Shepard (presumably for Russian audiences) which removes 28 minutes of scenes and makes parts of the movie hard to follow and some small parts nonsensical. Not sure if this also affects Netflix in other regions submitted by /u/Zopolite [link] [comments]
- Henry Hill's Website for Goodfellas is still operationalby /u/StellaZaFella on August 9, 2022 at 6:39 am
submitted by /u/StellaZaFella [link] [comments]
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is one of the weirdest films I've ever seen, and I love it.by /u/darrylthedudeWayne on August 9, 2022 at 2:57 am
So i just got finished watching Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas, and it was definitely something else. While I was aware of the film and most of the references from it, I've never actually seen the film myself, so tonight, I finally decided I'd get around too finally watch it, and I'm glad I did, now I have a new film to my Blu-Ray collection, because this movie was unbelievable and incredible, and probably my favorite film from Terry Gilliam. The movie is insane and I absolutely love it. Johnny Depp and Benicio Del Toro are fantastic as always, the rest of the acting is well done, the directing and writing are top notch, the visuals and cinematography are outstanding especially with the drug sequences, which pop and feel extremely real with Gilliam brilliantly using the art of film, to make the side effects of the drugs be visually conveyed to the audience in a believable yet insane way, and also with Vegas as the utilizes the Vegas setting to there fullest, almost feels like a fictionalized version of the place before later in the film, when it becomes much more darker and more closer to the real world, the soundtrack is also top notch, and yeah, I meant it when I say this movie is insane. Right from the first but of Dialogue, it's unknown what's real and what's not, and I love that, I love how they leave a lot of the events ambiguous whether or not they actually happened like that, or it was over-exaggrated, and it also helps make the film feel like a drug trip, the first having seeming like the perfect high, with it being more comedic, while the second half is when it gets more serious (for the most part) and things start to get darker, before it goes downhill to savagery, and starts resembling the real world, with the Midway point being a nice inbetween, or at least that's how I interpret it. I also loved the themes and message of the film, while a little heavy handed and hamfisted, I still feel are delivered well enough and still beautifully get the message across. So yeah, overall, great film. Too Weird to exist and be loved in mainstream media, but too weird to be entirely forgotten by all. 9/10. submitted by /u/darrylthedudeWayne [link] [comments]
- Does Anyone Remember Balto (1995)?by /u/peter095837 on August 9, 2022 at 2:43 am
Does Anyone Remember Balto (1995)? What are your thoughts about the film? In my opinion, I feel like this movie is really underappreciated. I feel like Balto doesn't get often brought up as many other 2D animated movies in the 80s and 90s. I know some people have mentioned it before but it doesn't get much love or attention as All Dogs Go to Heaven, Anastasia, and The Land Before Time to most people I have seen, spoken or so. While Balto isn't the greatest animated movie ever and it's no where near my favorite animated movie, it still a pretty fun animated movie and it always has had a soft spot for me because I would watched this on TV a lot when growing up as a child. There are some really beautiful animation drawn throughout this movie. The animation designs, models and colors are really beautiful to look at and I always have been fond of the story. The soundtrack by James Horner is really catchy and beautiful to listen too. It's one of my favorite comfort nostalgia movies to watch. What are your thoughts about it? Would love to hear them submitted by /u/peter095837 [link] [comments]
- 'Sonic the Hedgehog 3' Sets December 20, 2024 Release Dateby /u/MarvelsGrantMan136 on August 9, 2022 at 12:26 am
submitted by /u/MarvelsGrantMan136 [link] [comments]
- Dustin Hoffman Turns 85: From ‘The Graduate’ to ‘Tootsie,’ His 13 Best Performancesby /u/Neo2199 on August 8, 2022 at 11:56 pm
submitted by /u/Neo2199 [link] [comments]
- Zelda Williams' Directorial Debut 'Lisa Frankenstein' Begins Filmingby /u/MarvelsGrantMan136 on August 8, 2022 at 11:03 pm
submitted by /u/MarvelsGrantMan136 [link] [comments]
- Olivia Newton-John, Australian Songstress and ‘Grease’ Star, Dies at 73by /u/MarvelsGrantMan136 on August 8, 2022 at 7:34 pm
submitted by /u/MarvelsGrantMan136 [link] [comments]
- Tom Cruise & Christopher McQuarrie Plotting New Musical, Action Thriller & More Les Grossman While Speed Flying Through ‘Mission: Impossible 8’by /u/MarvelsGrantMan136 on August 8, 2022 at 7:08 pm
submitted by /u/MarvelsGrantMan136 [link] [comments]
- Lars von Trier diagnosed with Parkinson's diseaseby /u/foreverfassbinder on August 8, 2022 at 4:09 pm
submitted by /u/foreverfassbinder [link] [comments]
- Jim Carrey In "The Cable Guy" Is One Of The Most Insane/Fantastic 20 Million Dollar Performances Everby /u/Laszl0Panaflex on August 8, 2022 at 1:41 pm
I always give "The Cable Guy" a rewatch because it's one of a kind to me. It gives me this weird feeling, after all thees years. I think it's rooted in when I was a kid and saw it in the theaters for the first time. Jim Carrey was the biggest actor in the world leading into this. A rubber faced clown that made me laugh on every TV appearance and always on rewatch of his big 3 films in '94. So, "The Cable Guy" comes out in '96, 2 years of hype and hilarity leading up to it. The big news is he's getting 20 million a movie, starting with this. Like everyone, I expected a zany comedy with crazy Jim and instead I got a black comedy with a wholly disturbing (albeit funny) character actor performance from him. It was awkward, uncomfortable and unexpected. The nightmare scene was terrifying. As a kid, I was a bit let down. Now, I watch it at least once a year because there's nothing like it. Jim Carrey is pitiful, scary, hilarious and you somehow love him at the end, even as he's seemingly off to ruin the life of a new "buddy". One of his best, most misunderstood performances. submitted by /u/Laszl0Panaflex [link] [comments]
- Viola Davis to Close Martha’s Vineyard African American Film Festival With Spotlight on ‘The Woman King’by /u/Sisiwakanamaru on August 8, 2022 at 1:04 pm
submitted by /u/Sisiwakanamaru [link] [comments]
- Ferris Bueller's dad, positive masculinityby /u/treesandapples on August 8, 2022 at 11:52 am
I just watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off on Netflix, and despite maybe having less than 3 minutes of scenes together, Tom Bueller (Ferris' dad) probably has the most positive relationship I have ever seen between a teenage son and his dad in a movie. Like, Tom genuinely cares that his son is sick in the opening scene; Tom checks up on his son from work, offers self-care advice, and says "I love You" in their next scene together; and Tom affectionately strokes his son's cheek in the ending scene. And I should mention that all this happens, despite the movie's script trying to throw in the word "pal" to dilute the masculine tenderness Tom displays toward his teenage son. Ya'll, can we give Tom Bueller a "Movie Father of the Century Award"? Is there a more positive relationship between a teenage son and his dad in any movie ever? Can we talk about this, please? submitted by /u/treesandapples [link] [comments]
- That good movie that currently has an anniversary is still really good.by /u/Ascarea on August 8, 2022 at 7:53 am
Can we just stop posting all these pointless articles? Everyday some movie has an anniversary and every day there's some website hoping to generate clicks that writes about it. And it's always some nonsense about the movie being "still relevant" or god forbid "even more relevant today" or some other dumb pointless nonsense. EDIT: Based on some comments, it seems the silver lining of such articles is that they bring good movies to the attention of people who haven't seen/heard of those movies (perhaps younger users who haven't been around when the movies came out originally). That's a valid point. However, instead of spamming the sub with pointless clickbait articles it would be better to have some sort of official discussion-esque post that would be a monthly digest of good movies that have anniversaries. submitted by /u/Ascarea [link] [comments]
- Official Box Office & Streaming Discussion for the weekend of 5 - 7 August 2022by /u/The_h0bb1t on August 8, 2022 at 5:57 am
* = hasn't premiered in other territories or limited release Weekend domestic top 10 Domestic Weeks Weekend gross Domestic gross changes per week Worldwide gross Budget CinemaScore 1. Bullet Train - $30,030,156 - $62,430,156 $85,900,000 B+ 2. DC League of Super-Pets 2 $11,052,137 -52% $83,054,019 $90,000,000 A- 3. Nope* 3 $8,500,575 -54.3% $97,969,630 $68,000,000 B 4. Thor: Love and Thunder 5 $7,109,240 -41.5% $699,491,460 $250,000,000 B+ 5. Minions: The Rise of Gru 6 $7,110,315 -32.2% $759,004,925 $80,000,000 A 6. Top Gun: Maverick 11 $7,006,064 -16.7% $1,352,486,308 $170,000,000 A+ 7. Where the Crawdads Sing 4 $5,675,080 -25% $77,348,484 $24,000,000 A- 8. Easter Sunday* - $5,447,130 - $5,447,130 No source B+ 9. Elvis 7 $3,940,588 -31.4% $251,357,329 $85,000,000 A- 10. The Black Phone 7 $1,506,140 -39.8% $148,469,675 $18,000,000 B+ "Hello there." As we're bringing these threads back, I wanted to give our new readers and lurkers some super basic tips. First off, if the spreadsheets show as strings of text, try viewing them via a browser or an app that supports it. The fun part is that you can never predict how well a film is going to perform. There are tons of factors that influence its run, because the largest part of audiences don't partake in the internet discussions. That's why I include CinemaScore to see a casual audience's reception of a film. A -30% to -40% drop for a second week is an almost given for any film, as a bulk of the audience will see a new film in its first week. Especially franchise-movies are front-loaded with audiences. If the drop is less than -30% on any week, that could mean the film is performing slightly above the studio's expectations. Unless no-one showed up the week before, of course. Keep in mind that films will often be unjustly critiqued for 'failing' by some people. For instance, Love & Thunder has earned $25,000,000+ more than Ragnarok in just 31 days domestically (it took Ragnarok 124 days). L&T had a larger budget (250 to 180) and was not released in Russia or China, which accounted for $135.000.000+ of Ragnarok's earnings back in 2017. So L&T is actually performing really well under worse circumstances, despite what people might say. Headlines of the week ‘Everything Everywhere All at Once’ Is A24’s First Film to Hit $100 Million Globally, followed by Hereditary (2018) with $81,263,489. ‘Batgirl’: Warner Bros. Discovery Has No Plans to Release Nearly Finished $90 Million Film, “It’s simple. We, uh, kill the Batgirl.” - David Zaslav, sending a message that WBD might axe any project at any time, after a wave of cancellations and HBO-removals, including lots of DC shows, kids content, movies from specific actors and more. Zaslav reportedly aims to cut $3 billion from the company's budget in the coming years. 'One Piece Film: RED' becomes the second-highest opening film in Japan, right behind “Demon Slayer: Mugen Train”. One Piece is an exceptional series. If you're interested, but don't have time for 1000+ episodes or chapters, give Strong World and/or Film Z a chance, which capture the spirit of the series perfectly. Or wait for the $100,000,000 (!) Netflix adaptation (which looks surprisingly good!?) Anyway, 'nakama' is too unique of a word to be translated and all that jazz ;-). Streaming Charts Week 31 Not all popular films are released in theatres any more, so I wanted to see if I could find out what people are watching at home. This format might change, because it's obviously not watertight. Numbers are based on FlixPatrol, except for Netflix's own numbers, and it gives us some insight in what people are watching at home. Disney+ Worldwide Weekly Top 3 Countries Change 1. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness 66 -12% 2. Encanto 60 +13% 3. Lightyear 66 New release Google Worldwide Weekly Top 3 Countries Change 1. The Lost City 90 +14 % 2. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 91 +9 % 3. Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore 89 +27 % HBO Worldwide Weekly Top 3 Countries Change 1. Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore 46 +8 % 2. The Batman 46 +14 % 3. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 21 - iTunes Worldwide Weekly Top 3 Countries Change 1. The Lost City 65 +20 % 2. Uncharted 61 +16 % 3. Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore 51 +19 % Netflix (updated on Tuesday) Worldwide Weekly Top 3 Weeks in top 10 Hours Watched submitted by /u/The_h0bb1t [link] [comments]
- Official Discussion Megathread (Bullet Train / Easter Sunday / Prey / Luck / Thirteen Lives)by /u/LiteraryBoner on August 5, 2022 at 7:13 pm
Bullet Train Easter Sunday Prey Luck Thirteen Lives submitted by /u/LiteraryBoner [link] [comments]
A Twitter List by enoumen