You can translate the content of this page by selecting a language in the select box.
List of the most commonly recurring words in Video Game Titles – Mobile Game Name Generator
A video game is an electronic game that can be played on a computing device, such as a personal computer, gaming console or mobile phone. Depending on the platform, video games can be subcategorized into computer games and console games.
Some of the major players in the video gaming industry are Tencent, Sony and Apple, each generating billions of dollars in revenue every year, making them some of the most successful public companies in terms of gaming revenue. Sony’s PlayStation 4 is the bestseller among current generation consoles and, in 2020, the unit sales of the PlayStation 4 reached more than 112 million units.
While 24 percent don’t play video games at all, almost 18 percent spend more than six hours per week playing video games. Some of the favorite video game genres in 2020 included action, strategy, and action-adventure. The most popular store for hard copy video games was GameStop, while Amazon was the most popular store for digital/online video game purchases.
Reddit /u/BDMayhem analyzed 4000 “hardcore” mobile games for Android, and made a list of the most commonly recurring words in the Game Titles.
The Leader Board (Top 100)
Ace the AWS Certified Machine Learning Specialty Exam with Confidence: Get Your Hands on the Ultimate MLS-C01 Practice Exams!
- _ of _ – 523 [The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Nintendo Switch, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV – Frontline Edition – PlayStation 4, Call of Duty, etc..]
- _ of the _ – 123 [The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Nintendo Switch [Digital Code], Legends of the phoenix, etc…]
- heroes – 334 [ My heroes one’s Justice 2 Xbox one, MineCraft Dundgeon Hero , My heroes one’s Justice 2 Nintendo Switch, etc….]
- adventure – 295 [Ring Fit Adventure – Nintendo Switch, Dinosaur adventures 3-D, Disneyland Adventures Xbox-one, etc…]
- war – 200 [Star Wars Battlefront (PS4), Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War – Cross-Gen Bundle – Xbox Series X [Digital Code], etc…]
- battle – 146 [A.O.T.2 Final Battle (PS4), Spongebob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated (Nintendo Switch), Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time – Switch [Digital Code], etc..]
- legend – 139 [Apex legends, At Games Legends Flashback Boom!, Legends of the Phoenix, etc…]
- dragon – 138 [Dragon Ball FighterZ (Nintendo Switch), Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 – PlayStation 4 Standard Edition, Dragons Dawn of New Riders (PS4), etc…]
- monster – 88 [Monster Jam Steel Titans PS4, Monster Truck Championship PS4, Monster Hunter world – Xbox one, etc…]
- kingdom – 86 [Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory – Nintendo Switch, Kingdom Hearts All-In-One Package – PlayStation 4, Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning – PC Standard Edition, etc..]
- 3D – 79 [Super Mario 3D world + Browser Fury – Nintendo Switch, Pet Vet 3D: Animal Hospital – Triple Treat [Download], etc…]
- rpg – 75 [Knights and Dragons – RPG, TOI:Fallen Knight (RPG), Blade Master – Mini Action RPG Game, etc..]
- mobile – 74 [PUBG MOBILE METRO ROYALE, Lord mobile, etc..]
- fantasy – 73 [SWITCH FINAL FANTASY VII AND VIII REMASTERED TWIN PACK, Granblue Fantasy: Versus – Premium Edition – PlayStation 4, etc…]
- knights – 71 [Knights and Dragons – RPG, TOI:Fallen Knight (RPG), Soul Knight, etc..]
- dungeon – 67 [Dungeon Hunter 5, Dungeon Boss, Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition – Xbox One, etc..]
- soul – 64 [Soul Knight, Grim Soul: Survival, etc…]
- zombie – 63 [Zombie Frontier 3: Sniper, Plants Vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville – Xbox One, etc…]
- quest – 62 [ Kingdom Quest Crimson warden 3D RPG, Costume Quest 2 (Limited Run #309) – PlayStation 4, etc…]
- clash – 61 [ Clash of the Cards Card Game, Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, etc…]
- game – 59 [ Clash of the Cards Card Game, Trapped in a Video Game: The Complete Series, etc…]
- hunter, warriors – 58 [Hunter assassins, Monster Hunter World – Xbox One, warriors of waterdeep, etc…]
- world – 57 [world of tanks, world of warships Blitz, World War Z – PlayStation 4, Lego Jurassic World (Nintendo Switch), etc..]
- king – 55 [rise of the kings, King‘s Throne, Paper Mario: The Origami King – Nintendo Switch, Peter Jackson’s King Kong – PlayStation 2, etc…]
- god – 52 [God Kings, Gods of Olympus, Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition – Xbox One, God of War – PlayStation 4 (PS4), etc…]
- guardians, league – 51 [Guardian Tales, Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game – Nintendo Wii U by D3 Publisher, Xbox One Halo 5 Guardians Collector’s Master Chief Spartan Locke Statues Figures Display ONLY, GAME NOT INCLUDED, League of Legends, Rocket League Ultimate Edition – PlayStation 4, etc..]
- saga – 48 [Candy Crus Saga, Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Deluxe Edition – PlayStation 4 ,etc..]
- age – 47 [Age of war, Ice Age: Scrat’s Nutty Adventure (Nintendo Switch), Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity – Nintendo Switch, etc…]
- sword – 46 [Beat Sword, Pokémon Sword – Nintendo Switch, Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet – Xbox One, etc…]
- blade, master – 44 [Blade Master – Mini Action RPG Game, X-Blades – Xbox 360, Blade II, Stealth Master – Ninja Killer | Action Game, etc…]
- mmorpg – 42 [RPG MO – MMORPG, Forgotten Tales MMORPG, MMO RPG Ancients Reborn – MMORPG, etc…]
- arena, empire, magic – 41 [Arena of Valor, Empire: Four Kingdoms, Magic Tiles 3, Barbie Magic Genie Adventure, Empire: Total War – PC, Rocket Arena Mythic Edition – PlayStation 4, etc…]
- puzzle, rush, tales – 39 [Magic Jigsaw Puzzles, The Legend of Zelda Collector’s Puzzle, Mario Party Star Rush – Nintendo 3DS, Tunnel Rush Mania – Speed Game, TALES OF CRESTORIA, Tales of Arise – PlayStation 4, Tales of the Abyss – Nintendo 3DS, etc..]
- tap – 38 [Zombieland: Double Tap – Roadtrip – PlayStation 4 Standard Edition, Tap Titans 2 – Heroes Attack, etc..]
- final, run – 37 [A.O.T.2 Final Battle (PS4), Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Temple Run, The Simpsons Hit & Run, etc..]
- star, story – 36 [Tank Stars, Nintendo Kirby: Star Allies (Nintendo Switch) – Switch, Toy Story 3 The Video Game – Playstation 3, Words Story, etc..]
- city, dark – 35 [City Island 5, LEGO City Undercover – Nintendo Switch, Dark Days: Zombie Survival, The Dark Pictures: Little Hope – PlayStation 4, etc..]
- lords, online – 34 [Lords Mobile: Kingdom Wars, LEGO Lord of the Rings – Xbox 360, Modern Strike Online, Sword Art Online: Lost Song – PlayStation 4, etc..]
- pocket – 33 [Cute Pocket Cat 3D, Pocket World 3D – Assemble models unique puzzle, etc..]
- champions, fighter – 32 [WWE Champions 2020, Bakugan: Champions of Vestroia – Nintendo Switch, City Fighter vs Street Gang, Kirby Fighters 2 Standard – Switch [Digital Code], etc…]
- chaos, soccer, strike – 31 [Chaos Battle League – PvP Action Game, Dream League Soccer 2021, Football Strike – Multiplayer Soccer, Sudden Strike 4 – PS4 (Playstation 4) , etc..]
- racing, squad, super – 30 [Real Racing 3, Anti Terrorist Squad Shooting – Survival Games, Super Speed Rescue Survival: Flying Hero Games, Super Mario 3D All-Stars – Nintendo Switch, etc…]
- chronicle, summoners – 29 [Knights Chronicle, Summoners War, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner Official Strategy Guide, etc…]
- force, titans – 27 [Force Master, Dawn of Titans: War Strategy RPG, Attack on Titan – PlayStation 4, LEGO Star Wars: Force Awakens Deluxe Edition – PlayStation 4, etc..]
- epic, lost, storm – 26 [Epic Seven, Lost Continent, Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two – Nintendo Wii, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy (PS4), etc…]
- X, hearts, legacy, moba, ninja, survival, tactics – 25 [X Games Aspen, Hearts +, Legacy of Discord, CL:Champions Legion | 5v5 MOBA, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan – PlayStation 4, Raft Survival, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS, etc…]
- infinite – 24 [Infinite Galaxy, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite – Xbox One , etc…]
- blood, last, lego, rise – 23 [Bad Blood Battle Royal, Last Pirate: Survival Island Adventure, LEGO® Star Wars™: TFA, Rise of Empires: Ice and Fire, etc…]
- brave, dawn, rivals, versus – 22 [Brave Frontier, Dawn of Zombies－Survival after the Last War Online, Rivals at War, Plants vs. Zombies FREE, Versus Video Games 3, etc…]
- conquest, dead, football, gun, pirate, racer – 21 [Star Trek: Conquest – Nintendo Wii, DEAD BY DAYLIGHT MOBILE – Multiplayer Horror Game, Football Strike – Multiplayer Soccer, Gun Club 2, Pirate Evolution, Traffic Racer, etc…]
- defense, demon, fight, fire, idle, shadow, throne, ultimate – 20 [Sci Fi Tower Defense Offline Game, Demon Slayer Color By Number Pixel Art , Shadow Fight 2, Fire Truck Driving Simulator, Idle Police Tycoon – Cops Game, Shadow Fight 2, Throne: Kingdom at War, Ultimate Car Driving Simulator, etc…]
- castle, comm, simulator – 19 [Castle Solitaire: Card Game, War Commander: Rogue Assault, Bus Simulator : Ultimate, Farming Simulator 19 – Windows, etc…]
- attack, raiders – 18[Swamp Attack, Attack on Titan – Xbox One, Raiders of the North Sea, Tomb Raider Trilogy, etc…]
Below is a Random Mobile Game Naming Generator
The 20 Most Popular Video Games of 2020
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Activision. Activision playstation.com.
- NBA 2K20 – 2H21. 2K Sports. 2K Sports amazon.com.
- Madden NFL 20/21. Electronic Arts.
- Borderlands 3. 2K Games.
- Mortal Kombat 11. Warner Bros.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Electronic Arts.
- Super Smash Bros. Nintendo.
- Kingdom Hearts III. Square Enix.
Video Games Q&A & Random Gaming Posts
Video Games as Learning Tool for Kids
Instead of whining about our kids spending times playing video games, why not leverage video games as a powerful learning platform.
Various educational apps are now packaged as Video games and they have have tremendous success:
- Prodigy Math Game: Prodigy delivers a unique learning experience through an interactive math game where success depends on correctly answering skill-building math questions. Players can earn rewards, go on quests and play with friends — all while learning new skills!
Monster Math 2: Fun Maths game for Kids: Monster Maths 2 is your child’s personal homework and math trainer. It’s fun learning games, engrossing story and an adaptive learning approach makes it a superior alternative to homework or planned lessons. Lay a solid foundation for success in Algebra or Calculus.
GramMars Wars – English Grammar Game: GramMars Wars is an educational game where you can learn and improve your English Grammar.
This list will include 5 great games and the supreme game (at the last).
If you are looking for an all-in-one solution to help you prepare for the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam, look no further than this AWS Cloud Practitioner CCP CLFC01 book below.
Number 5: League of Legends
League of Legends in a multiplayer online game similar to Mobile Legends.
As in other multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) games, each player in League of Legends controls a character (“champion”) with a set of unique abilities. Most games involve two teams of five players, with each player using a different champion.
The two teams compete to be the first to destroy the Nexus structure within the opposing base. Over the course of each game, champions become stronger and gain additional abilities by earning experience and thereby levelling up. Experience is earned by killing enemies (or being nearby when a teammate does). Champions also build strength over the course of the game by buying progressively more powerful items using gold, which is earned by killing non-player enemies, killing or assisting in killing enemy players, destroying enemy structures, or selling other items.
Minimum and Recommended System Requirements
Number 4: VALORANT
Valorant (stylized as VALORANT) is a free-to-play multiplayer tactical first-person shooter developed and published by Riot Games, for Microsoft Windows. Valorant is a team-based tactical shooter and first-person shooter set in the near-future. Players play as one of a set of agents, characters designed based on several countries and cultures around the world.
In the main game mode, players are assigned to either the attacking or defending team with each team having five players on it. Agents have unique abilities, each requiring charges, as well as a unique ultimate ability which requires charging through kills, deaths, or spike actions. Every player starts each round with a “classic” pistol and one or more “signature ability” charge. Other weapons and ability charges can be purchased using an in game economic system which awards money based on the outcome of the previous round, any kills the player is responsible for, and any actions taken with the spike. The game has an assortment of weapons including sidearms, submachine guns, shotguns, machine guns, assault rifles and sniper rifles. There are automatic and semi-automatic weapons that have a shooting pattern which has to be controlled by the player in order to be able to shoot accurately.
Number 3: Team Fortress 2
Team Fortress 2 is a multiplayer first-person shooter game developed and published by Valve. It is the sequel to the 1996 Team Fortress mod for Quake and its 1999 remake, Team Fortress Classic. It was released in October 2007 as part of The Orange Box video game bundle for Windows and Xbox 360.
A PlayStation 3 version followed in December 2007 when The Orange Box was ported to the system.
Later in development, the game was released as a standalone title for Windows in April 2008, and was updated to support Mac OS X in June 2010 and Linux in February 2013. It is distributed online through Valve’s digital retailer Steam, with Electronic Arts handling all physical and console ports of the game.
The player can join one of two teams, RED or BLU, and choose one of 9 character classes to battle in game modes such as capture the flag and king of the hill. Development of the game was led by John Cook and Robin Walker, the developers of the original Team Fortress mod. Team Fortress 2 was first announced in 1998 under the name Team Fortress 2: Brotherhood of Arms. Initially, the game had more realistic, militaristic visuals and gameplay, but this changed over the protracted nine-year development. After Valve released no information for six years, Team Fortress 2 regularly featured in Wired News‘ annual vaporware list among other ignominies. The finished Team Fortress 2 has cartoon-like visuals influenced by the art of J. C. Leyendecker, Dean Cornwell, and Norman Rockwell and uses Valve’s Source game engine.
Team Fortress 2 system requirements
Number 2: Bluestacks
Bluestacks app player is a programme that lets you run android games on windows. As of 2020, Bluestacks can run 1.5 million android apps.
I personally use it to play PUBG Mobile, CODM and Frostborn Coop Survival on pc.
Number 1: Fortnite
Fortnite is distributed as three different game modes, using the same engine; each has similar graphics, art assets, and game mechanics.
- Fortnite: Save the World is a player-versus-environment cooperative game, with four players collaborating towards a common objective on various missions. The game is set after a fluke storm appears across Earth, causing 98% of the population to disappear, and the survivors to be attacked by zombie-like “husks”. The players take the role of commanders of home base shelters, collecting resources, saving survivors, and defending equipment that helps to either collect data on the storm or to push back the storm. From missions, players are awarded a number of in-game items, which include hero characters, weapon and trap schematics, and survivors, all of which can be leveled up through gained experience to improve their attributes.
- Fortnite Battle Royale is a player-versus-player game for up to 100 players, allowing one to play alone, in a duo, or in a squad (usually consisting of three or four players). Weaponless players airdrop from a “Battle Bus” that crosses the game’s map. When they land, they must scavenge for weapons, items, resources, and even vehicles while trying to stay alive and to attack and eliminate other players. Over the course of a round, the safe area of the map shrinks down in size due to an incoming toxic storm; players outside that threshold take damage and can be eliminated if they fail to quickly evacuate. This forces remaining players into tighter spaces and encourages player encounters. The last player, duo, or squad remaining is the winner.
- Fortnite Creative is a sandbox game mode, similar to Minecraft in that players are given complete freedom to spawn everything that is within the game on an island, and can create games such as battle arenas, race courses, platforming challenges, and more.
Players can use their pickaxe to knock down existing structures on the map to collect basic resources that are wood, brick, and metal. Subsequently, in all modes, the player can use these materials to build fortifications, such as walls, floors, and stairs. Such fortification pieces can be edited to add things like windows or doors. The materials used have different durability properties and can be updated to stronger variants using more materials of the same type. Within Save the World this enables players to create defensive fortifications around an objective or trap-filled tunnels to lure husks through. In Battle Royale, this provides the means to quickly traverse the map, protect oneself from enemy fire, or to delay an advancing foe. Players are encouraged to be very inventive in designing their fortifications in Creative.
While Battle Royal and Creative are free-to-play, Save the World is pay-to-play. The games are monetized through the use of V-Bucks, in-game currency that can be purchased with real-world funds, but also earned through completing missions and other achievements in Save the World. V-Bucks in Save the World can be used to buy loot boxes, in the form of piñatas shaped like llamas, to gain a random selection of items. In Battle Royale, V-Bucks can be used to buy cosmetic items like character models or the like, or can also be used to purchase the game’s battle pass, a tiered progression of customization rewards for gaining experience and completing certain objectives during the course of a Battle Royale season.
You can always play the Fortnite android version on Bluestacks.
Warning: Fortnite android version is not available on the play store. I don’t have time to explain that right now. Please watch a YouTube video on how to download it. (Fortnite Mobile was banned from the play store because Fortnite Mobile started using their own payment system instead of the Google Play one that gave Google 30% of their profit).
The supreme game: Call of Duty®: Warzone
Call of Duty: Warzone, the only free game in the Call of Duty series, is a multiplayer online shooter game.
Warzone features two primary game modes: Battle Royale and Plunder. It is the second main battle royale installment in the Call of Duty franchise, following the “Blackout” mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (2018). Warzone differs from Black Ops 4 by reducing reliance on equipable gadgets and instead encouraging the accumulation of a new in-game currency called Cash.
Warzone supports up to 150 players in a single match, which exceeds the typical size of 100 players seen in other battle royale titles. Some limited-time modes support 200 players.
The Battle Royale mode is similar to other titles in the genre where players compete in a continuously shrinking map to be the last player remaining. Players parachute onto a large game map, where they encounter other players. As the game progresses and players are eliminated, the playable area shrinks forcing the remaining players into tighter spaces. In Warzone, the non-playable areas become contaminated with a green gas that depletes health and eventually kills the player if they do not return to the safe playable area.
Unlike other titles, Warzone introduces a new respawn mechanic, a greater emphasis on vehicles, and a new in-game currency mechanic. Parachuting is unrestricted, with the player being allowed to open and cut their parachute an unlimited number of times while in air. At launch, the game supported trios (squads of up to three players) with an option to disable squad filling. Infinity Ward has mentioned testing the number of squad members in future updates. Four-player squads and Solo BR modes were added in following updates, while Duos was added near the end of Season 3.
Character death in Battle Royale does not necessarily translate to player defeat like in other titles. Instead, the mode offers a respawn mechanic which players can take advantage of in various ways. Players who are killed are transported to the “Gulag”, where they engage in one-on-one combat with another defeated player, with both players being given the same weaponry. The guns that the players receive have little or no attachments. Players may only enter the gulag after their first death in a match. The winner of this combat is respawned into the game. Other methods of respawn are available using the in-game currency system. Players may use the in-game currency to purchase respawn tokens for other players should they not be revived by the Gulag mechanic.
In the Plunder mode teams have to search for stacks of Cash scattered around the map to accumulate $1 million. Once found, the game goes into overtime, multiplying all Cash sums by 1.5. The team who has gathered the most money when the clock runs out is declared the winner. Players respawn automatically in this gamemode.
In addition to Battle Royale and Plunder, several limited-time modes have been introduced throughout the course of the game’s life cycle:
- BR Buy Backs (originally called BR Stimulus) is a variation of Battle Royale in which players automatically respawn upon death if they have sufficient money, and the Gulag is disabled.
- Blood Money is a variation of Plunder in which players gain more cash rewards from completing contracts and performing “finishing moves” (execution kills) on other players.
- Warzone Rumble is a 50v50 deathmatch type game mode taking place in cut-off sections of the main Verdansk map.
- Mini Royale is a 50-player mode in which players drop within a smaller circle than normal Battle Royale modes, for more squad engagements.
- Juggernaut Royale features the Juggernaut killstreak dropping in random places throughout the map. Up to three Juggernauts can be active at once in the map. Once a Juggernaut is killed, another Juggernaut care package will spawn in.
- Armored Royale features squads spawning in with armored trucks, which players can upgrade to be more powerful over time. Unlike normal modes, players can continue to respawn as long as their squad’s truck is intact.
Call of Duty: Warzone system requirements
Your PC doesn’t meet the system requirements? Don’t worry! Get Ironsight, a graphically scaled down copy of COD Warzone instead.
Bonus Game: slither.io
Slither io is a website based online game where you play as a worm/ snake (I’m not sure) and have to grow bigger by eating the glowing stuff and killing other players and eating their points. You get killed if your head bumps into another player’s body.
What is the most terrifying thing from a video game?
Now this is just my view but I think it’s the permadeath mechanic.
Imagine all your precious character stats that you’ve painstakingly built up only for it to be gone.
Just like that.
I can’t imagine the “feeling” of all that hard work going to waste.
My take on this question.
AI-Upscaled 240p Games Have Never Looked This Good NVIDIA’s DLSS 2.0 tech makes gaming even more accessible
The Gamification of Learning and Life: Why we must change the way we teach and learn. In 2020 and beyond.
Video Game Addiction: Can an addiction have a positive side?
“There are approximately 2.2 billion gamers in the world. Out of the estimated 7.6 billion people living on earth, as of July 2018, that means almost a third of people on this planet are gamers.” Video gaming is a big business and enjoyed worldwide.
The Unexpected Benefits of Online Gaming
AI is impossible. Gamers demonstrate why.
If our business is using natural language, it’s understanding what makes people tick. Intuition is our medium: we wink and nudge, we push the limits of language to get a rapport with people to build trust, empathy and understanding. Our jobs are safe.
With the increase of Cloud-Gaming, mobile has become a very valuable option for on the go gaming. With services like Google Stadia, GeForce Now, PlayStation Now, etc. you have a very big variety so you can play all the games you want on that small screen of your phone. Also, 5G will make this process even smoother.
In conclusion, mobile gaming looks to be a very promising field for the future. Even though it might be able to replace PC and console gaming its getting close to it. I can’t say anything for sure, but a bright future lies ahead and we can only wait and see how this will turn out. With the major players that are coming on this market, only good things can happen.
The video game industry has (not so) quietly undergone a big number of changes: microtransactions, development costs, and competition.
The idea of a “Netflix for video games” is quite simple — a service that allows all people to play high-quality video games on any device through a subscription offering. It still remains uncertain how game streaming will shape up in the end, but reviewing the first attempts to create such a solution, we can identify some patterns.
Getting hit by arrows in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla vs Assassin’s Creed 1 from r/gaming
There’s something wrong with the kids in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
After 10 years, I started another Bioshock file. It’s crazy how well it holds up. The concept of Rapture the underwater city still fascinates me to this day. What a great game Bioshock is.
[AC Vahalla] Surprise, mofo!
2020 was a dumpster fire, so I made a game where you can pet a dog in VR from r/gaming
I drew my favorite pokemons into Gijinkas from r/gaming
This is what happens when ideas meet corporate opinion and influence – unused concept art for Epic Mickey. from r/gaming
What exactly is meta-gaming in Dungeons & Dragons? Is it bad or good? What are some examples?:
Meta-Gaming is when you make in-game decisions based on out-of-game knowledge. This is mostly a bad thing.
Let’s consider several situations to illustrate the point.
Finding a Trap:
- The Metagamer goes right to where the trap is located and spams “search” checks until he “finds” it, because he’s played this module before and remembers the trap.
- The regular player searches the room once, fails, and blithely walks into a trap. Because while he knows it’s there, his character does not.
Do you see how one made a decision based on what he knew, possibly ruined a possible good storytelling moment, and cheated. The other player was able to separate what he knew from what his character knew, and made a decision based on character knowledge only. Sure, he just got lanced by a foot-spike, but everyone is in the moment, committed to the story.
- The Metagamer plans an L-shaped ambush per Chapter 3–17 b. (2), FM7–8 Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad, adjusted to account for swords, spears, and bows instead of rifles, machineguns, and grenades.
- The regular gamer remembers his character barely knows which end of a sword to hold, and either lets the fighter plan the ambush, or just waits in the bushes by the trail for the target to get close.
I’ve been guilty of this several times. In my last game, I was literally planning an ambush for some hobgoblins before cutting myself off. “Nope, Katrina doesn’t know any of this,” and shut up.
- The Metagamer knows the weak-spot of the monster and slams it right off the bat, ruining what could have been an epic fight. He’s memorized the monster manual, and despite his character never before even hearing of this monster, he’s got it’s MO memorized.
- The regular gamer may or may not know about the monster, but fights it as his character would, because his character doesn’t know that it’s vulnerable to, say, cold.
In my last game, we fought a midlin-small red dragon. As it happened, Katrina had found a ring of fire resistance. Yay! And while I know that Red Dragons do not have a special vulnerability to cold, she assumed they did, and kept peppering it with Ray of Frost. And while it didn’t do extra damage, she did manage to distract it long enough for some teammates to get behind it, especially when it blasted her with fire and she just stood there and took it.
- When it’s time to level up, the Metagamer makes decisions based on mechanical advantage. He may multiclass or pick up feats based on what he thinks the next adventure will be, or just try to get the biggest ACC, AC, Dam, or whatever he can get. He may multiclass his fighter into a Paladin to pick up Smite, because he thinks they’ll be dealing with undead soon.
- The regular player levels up based on what makes the most sense for the character. He may also muticlass his fighter into a Paladin, but it’s because he found religion.
Now, for a counter-example. I was in a sci-fi game once, and our ship was damaged. The engines were non-responsive, but Engineering reported they were fully functional. I was playing the Engineer. I deduced that a micro-meteor hit had damaged the control lines, and that the cutout had failed to automatically re-route them to the backups, which I then went to go do manually.
I’m an electronics technician by trade, and I know a bit about naval architecture, and it since I was playing the Engineer, it was totally fine to use Murphy’s Player Knowledge for my Engineer Character. That was not bad metagaming.
Now, some forms of meta-gaming are worse than others. The leveling one doesn’t bother me too much. But other kinds can ruin other player’s fun, and that’s a problem. It cheats people out of the experience, and is goddamn frustrating as a GM.
For more, read The Dungeon Deep
Original question-What exactly is meta-gaming in Dungeons & Dragons? Is it bad or good? What are some examples?
What is your favorite random thing to do in GTA 5?
What universally loved video game did you play but you just couldn’t get into it?
What’s the guiltiest you’ve felt after playing a video game?
Why do gamers and coders always use dark mode?
What makes Java appealing for programming video games?
What are some things we just accept in video games “because they’re video games”?
What is the most disturbing thing you’ve ever seen in a video game?
Are video games really that bad for you?
Why is Minecraft still successful to this day?
Why do game developers put cheat codes in their games?
Some people say video games are a waste of time, others say it’s some form of relaxation. Do you agree or disagree with that?
If you could bring one thing from a video game into real life, what would it be?
Where would you like the GTA 6 location to be set in?
What are the differences between video game programming and other kinds of programming?
What do you want to be able to do in GTA 6 which wasn’t in GTA V?
- Tekken Customization is both a blessing and a curse.by /u/TheUndeadGunslinger (r/gaming) on June 9, 2023 at 6:41 pm
submitted by /u/TheUndeadGunslinger [link] [comments]
- This game was legit amazingby /u/TheOfficialWils (r/gaming) on June 9, 2023 at 6:35 pm
I dunno why but Croc and the music from the game just pops into my head every now and then submitted by /u/TheOfficialWils [link] [comments]
- Why do so many gamers consider a game "dead" when it stops being updated?by /u/sonar_y_luz (r/gaming) on June 9, 2023 at 6:17 pm
Is chess dead? I never understood this mentality that when a developer stops changing or adding content in a game that it is considered dead. A trend I see especially among younger gamers is to only play games while they are in an update cycle and then move on to the next new thing once updates stop rolling in for the other game. What happened to mastering a games systems? A lot of games are so feature packed and deep that there is no way people are spending the time to fully explore them before moving on to the next because "developer abandoned it" etc... It's also interesting to note that many people consider "live service" games as toxic yet at the end of the day if a game isn't being constantly updated it's considered "dead" by many gamers... so which do they want? A complete game or one still being updated? submitted by /u/sonar_y_luz [link] [comments]
- Some weapon, eh?by /u/ListerineAfterOral (r/gaming) on June 9, 2023 at 5:06 pm
submitted by /u/ListerineAfterOral [link] [comments]
- Finished RDR2 after about 6 monthsby /u/Ilovecapncrunch (r/gaming) on June 9, 2023 at 4:41 pm
Got very little kids so playing has been very slow. I think playing it over a longer period of time really made the journey sink in. Wow what a game and what a story. This was more than a video game. It’s a masterful story telling experience and a work of art! I haven’t felt quite about a video game like this ever I think. submitted by /u/Ilovecapncrunch [link] [comments]
- I'd be more than willing to pay good money to see Kratos kick Set's arseby /u/TheUndeadGunslinger (r/gaming) on June 9, 2023 at 4:21 pm
submitted by /u/TheUndeadGunslinger [link] [comments]
- My original artwork of the Hunter from Bloodborne, created using Bic ballpoint pens, Copic markers and colored pencils.by /u/langleyeffect (r/gaming) on June 9, 2023 at 3:18 pm
submitted by /u/langleyeffect [link] [comments]
- I've got my towel... Don't Panic...by /u/lemmiewinxs (r/gaming) on June 9, 2023 at 2:24 pm
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for Commodore 64. submitted by /u/lemmiewinxs [link] [comments]
- We need a remake of the entire series!by /u/Gessler555 (r/gaming) on June 9, 2023 at 2:22 pm
submitted by /u/Gessler555 [link] [comments]
- How do I explain to my partner that games provide me a mental health break?by /u/DontTakeMeSeriousli (r/gaming) on June 9, 2023 at 2:14 pm
I get into arguments at times with my partner because she feels that all I do is play video games. Mind you, I cook, clean, we live together so always spend time together but when I get a free moment to myself (Late at night/ when she's gone/ days off while she works) or when we argue, I retreat to playing games. They have been my escape for the past 25 years of my life and I can't just give them up. They help me relax and just leave the world for a moment. Mind you, I don't smoke, don't drink, nothing... How can I articulate this in a way that doesn't make me sound like a baby man? Or am I in fact, just a big baby man? TLDR: My partner thinks I play games to much (Which I don't, I just like to fill my free time with it). I'm not sure how to explain that games provide me a mental break and escape without sounding childish. Thanks! submitted by /u/DontTakeMeSeriousli [link] [comments]
- At journey’s end.by /u/LawrenceOnKeyboard (r/gaming) on June 9, 2023 at 1:59 pm
submitted by /u/LawrenceOnKeyboard [link] [comments]
- The Best Streaming Deck For High-Quality Productionby Trevor Boyd (Gaming on Medium) on June 9, 2023 at 1:46 pm
Buy The Elgato Stream Deck Now: https://amzn.to/3NkHEbXContinue reading on Medium »
- Unlocking the Learning Revolution:by Youandplay (Gaming on Medium) on June 9, 2023 at 1:35 pm
Embrace Short, Interactive, and Fun Courses for Maximum Engagement and Results !Continue reading on Medium »
- Proof-of-News: Issue 29by Proof-of-News (Gaming on Medium) on June 9, 2023 at 1:24 pm
Continue reading on Medium »
- Korok Dice Bagby /u/Freyu (r/gaming) on June 9, 2023 at 1:13 pm
Carved the Korok out of wood. The bag holds about 5 sets of dice. He needs to reach his friend... for their weekly gaming night. submitted by /u/Freyu [link] [comments]
- Introducing Jax World: Unleashing the Wild West of Blockchain Gamingby Jax World (Gaming on Medium) on June 9, 2023 at 12:56 pm
Immerse Yourself in a Revolutionary Experience of Mining, Rewards, and NFT CollectionsContinue reading on Medium »
- GExpress: Unleash the Fun with AI Casual Games — The Ultimate Web 3 Experience for Casual Gamers!by GExpress (Gaming on Medium) on June 9, 2023 at 12:54 pm
Game On! Get Ready for the Ultimate Casual Gaming Revolution!Continue reading on Medium »
- The Rising Concern: Understanding and Overcoming Gaming Addictionby ValoCoder (Gaming on Medium) on June 9, 2023 at 12:47 pm
IntroductionContinue reading on Medium »
- The Thrilling World of Gaming: Unleashing the Power of Playby Zaigham Hussain Shah (Gaming on Medium) on June 9, 2023 at 12:42 pm
Gaming has become an integral part of our modern culture, captivating millions of players worldwide.Continue reading on Medium »
- A Beautiful Concept of AI and Robotsby Ekanayaka YM (Gaming on Medium) on June 9, 2023 at 12:38 pm
In today’s world, the popularity of AI is steadily increasing.Continue reading on Medium »
- Kick Streaming Platform: Revolutionizing Live Streaming for Content Creatorsby MrDoze (Gaming on Medium) on June 9, 2023 at 12:38 pm
In the rapidly evolving world of online streaming, a new platform called Kick has emerged, aiming to provide content creators with a more…Continue reading on Medium »
- Downfall of Mobile Gaming industryby Ahmed Shahzad (Gaming on Medium) on June 9, 2023 at 12:22 pm
As we can see that mobile gaming industry became the most easy and popular way to earn money but we can clearly see that the mobile gaming…Continue reading on Medium »
- Found two of them still in STOCK in countryside!by /u/jokimazi (r/gaming) on June 9, 2023 at 8:39 am
submitted by /u/jokimazi [link] [comments]
- Free Talk Friday!by /u/AutoModerator (r/gaming) on June 9, 2023 at 6:00 am
Use this post to discuss life, post memes, or just talk about whatever! This thread is posted weekly on Fridays (adjustments made as needed). submitted by /u/AutoModerator [link] [comments]
- Gaming companies really just said Fuck it let's just do the 2000nds again huh.by /u/heppuplays (r/gaming) on June 9, 2023 at 5:18 am
submitted by /u/heppuplays [link] [comments]
- As frustrating as DLC is…by /u/katelyn912 (r/gaming) on June 9, 2023 at 2:43 am
Every now and then you get an incredible one. What’s your favourite? submitted by /u/katelyn912 [link] [comments]
- Finally got a painting hung upby /u/MangoOfTruth (r/gaming) on June 9, 2023 at 2:29 am
submitted by /u/MangoOfTruth [link] [comments]
- I hope the new Fable keeps this kind of humor.by /u/JackdawsShantyMan (r/gaming) on June 9, 2023 at 2:04 am
submitted by /u/JackdawsShantyMan [link] [comments]
- The REAL Golden Era of Call of Duty.by /u/sirbruce (r/gaming) on June 8, 2023 at 10:45 pm
submitted by /u/sirbruce [link] [comments]
- DONT SUPPORT MADDEN 23/24! THEYRE ADDING NFTS AND JUST CHANGING THE NAMEby /u/HeyoLetsGO16 (r/gaming) on June 8, 2023 at 8:03 pm
EA has partnered with Nike to add NFTs called “swoosh” to their games. Please people, boycott EAs sports games. We cannot allow this to happen, it’ll set the precedent going forward in a bad way! DONT BUY THEIR NEXT GAMES! submitted by /u/HeyoLetsGO16 [link] [comments]
- The Golden Era of Call of Duty.by /u/TheUndeadGunslinger (r/gaming) on June 8, 2023 at 6:46 pm
submitted by /u/TheUndeadGunslinger [link] [comments]
- When you forget to get the Paraglider in TotK.by /u/-SleepyKorok- (r/gaming) on June 8, 2023 at 5:05 pm
I played a couple hours without realizing I skipped it :/ submitted by /u/-SleepyKorok- [link] [comments]
- How Many Medals Would This Soldier Get?by /u/GoldieMatic (r/gaming) on June 8, 2023 at 3:48 pm
submitted by /u/GoldieMatic [link] [comments]
- No Undead Nightmare 2 for RDR2 is criminalby /u/Strange_Music (r/gaming) on June 8, 2023 at 2:15 pm
I'm replaying RDR2 for the 3rd time & for the 3rd time I'm reminded of how much I want Undead Nightmare 2 in this game engine. GTA Online prints money so I bet Rockstar could afford it. submitted by /u/Strange_Music [link] [comments]
- This overpowered MTG card.by /u/PM-ME-YOUR-BEARDS (r/gaming) on June 8, 2023 at 2:06 pm
submitted by /u/PM-ME-YOUR-BEARDS [link] [comments]
- Just started playing Detroit Become Human and immediately recognised the actor playing your snarky detective partner...Clancy Brown aka Mr Krabs!!by /u/Gluttonforcrime (r/gaming) on June 8, 2023 at 10:00 am
submitted by /u/Gluttonforcrime [link] [comments]
- /r/gaming will go dark on June 12th in protest of reddit's API changesby /u/Dacvak (r/gaming) on June 6, 2023 at 6:29 pm
Greetings everyone! tl;dr: /r/gaming will be participating in the reddit blackout on June 12th in protest of the upcoming API changes. As many of you are already aware, reddit has announced significant upcoming changes to their API that will have a serious impact to many users. There is currently a planned protest across hundreds of subreddits to black out on June 12th. The moderators at /r/gaming have been discussing our participation, and yesterday we made a post asking for the community’s opinion on going dark. It’s clear the community was overwhelmingly in support of the blackout, and so we’ll be participating alongside over 1000 other subreddits on June 12th. More Information: Third Party reddit apps (such as Apollo, Reddit is Fun and others) are going to become ludicrously more expensive for it’s developers to run, which will in turn either kill the apps, or result in a monthly fee to the users if they choose to use one of those apps to browse. Put simply, each request to reddit within these mobile apps will cost the developer money. The developers of Apollo were quoted around $2 million per month for the current rate of usage. The only way for these apps to continue to be viable for the developer is if you (the user) pay a monthly fee, and realistically, this is most likely going to just outright kill them. Put simply: If you use a third party app to browse reddit, you will most likely no longer be able to do so, or be charged a monthly fee to keep it viable. NSFW Content is no longer going to be available in the API. This means that, even if 3rd party apps continue to survive, or even if you pay a fee to use a 3rd party app, you will not be able to access NSFW content on it. You will only be able to access it on the official reddit app. Additionally, some service bots (such as video downloaders or maybe remindme bots) will not be able to access anything NSFW. In more major cases, it may become harder for moderators of NSFW subreddits to combat serious violations such as CSAM due to certain mod tools being restricted from accessing NSFW content. Many users with visual impairments rely on 3rd-party applications in order to more easily interface with reddit, as the official reddit mobile app does not have robust support for visually-impaired users. This means that a great deal of visually-impaired redditors will no longer be able to access the site in the assisted fashion they’re used to. Open Letter to reddit & Blackout In lieu of what’s happening above, an open letter has been released by the broader moderation community, and /r/gaming will be supporting it. Part of this initiative includes a potential subreddit blackout (meaning the subreddit will be privatized) on June 12th, lasting 48 hours or longer. Thank you to the /r/gaming community for yesterday’s discussion and insight. We’re proud to be a part of the protest, and we thank you for your support and participation. Cheers, /r/gaming Mod Team submitted by /u/Dacvak [link] [comments]