You can translate the content of this page by selecting a language in the select box.
A video game is an electronic game that can be played on a computing device, such as a personal computer, gaming console or mobile phone. Depending on the platform, video games can be subcategorized into computer games and console games.
Some of the major players in the video gaming industry are Tencent, Sony and Apple, each generating billions of dollars in revenue every year, making them some of the most successful public companies in terms of gaming revenue. Sony’s PlayStation 4 is the bestseller among current generation consoles and, in 2020, the unit sales of the PlayStation 4 reached more than 112 million units.
While 24 percent don’t play video games at all, almost 18 percent spend more than six hours per week playing video games. Some of the favorite video game genres in 2020 included action, strategy, and action-adventure. The most popular store for hard copy video games was GameStop, while Amazon was the most popular store for digital/online video game purchases.
Reddit /u/BDMayhem analyzed 4000 “hardcore” mobile games for Android, and made a list of the most commonly recurring words in the Game Titles.
The Leader Board (Top 100)
- _ of _ – 523 [The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Nintendo Switch, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV – Frontline Edition – PlayStation 4, Call of Duty, etc..]
- _ of the _ – 123 [The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Nintendo Switch [Digital Code], Legends of the phoenix, etc…]
- heroes – 334 [ My heroes one’s Justice 2 Xbox one, MineCraft Dundgeon Hero , My heroes one’s Justice 2 Nintendo Switch, etc….]
- adventure – 295 [Ring Fit Adventure – Nintendo Switch, Dinosaur adventures 3-D, Disneyland Adventures Xbox-one, etc…]
- war – 200 [Star Wars Battlefront (PS4), Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War – Cross-Gen Bundle – Xbox Series X [Digital Code], etc…]
- battle – 146 [A.O.T.2 Final Battle (PS4), Spongebob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated (Nintendo Switch), Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time – Switch [Digital Code], etc..]
- legend – 139 [Apex legends, At Games Legends Flashback Boom!, Legends of the Phoenix, etc…]
- dragon – 138 [Dragon Ball FighterZ (Nintendo Switch), Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 – PlayStation 4 Standard Edition, Dragons Dawn of New Riders (PS4), etc…]
- monster – 88 [Monster Jam Steel Titans PS4, Monster Truck Championship PS4, Monster Hunter world – Xbox one, etc…]
- kingdom – 86 [Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory – Nintendo Switch, Kingdom Hearts All-In-One Package – PlayStation 4, Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning – PC Standard Edition, etc..]
- 3D – 79 [Super Mario 3D world + Browser Fury – Nintendo Switch, Pet Vet 3D: Animal Hospital – Triple Treat [Download], etc…]
- rpg – 75 [Knights and Dragons – RPG, TOI:Fallen Knight (RPG), Blade Master – Mini Action RPG Game, etc..]
- mobile – 74 [PUBG MOBILE METRO ROYALE, Lord mobile, etc..]
- fantasy – 73 [SWITCH FINAL FANTASY VII AND VIII REMASTERED TWIN PACK, Granblue Fantasy: Versus – Premium Edition – PlayStation 4, etc…]
- knights – 71 [Knights and Dragons – RPG, TOI:Fallen Knight (RPG), Soul Knight, etc..]
- dungeon – 67 [Dungeon Hunter 5, Dungeon Boss, Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition – Xbox One, etc..]
- soul – 64 [Soul Knight, Grim Soul: Survival, etc…]
- zombie – 63 [Zombie Frontier 3: Sniper, Plants Vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville – Xbox One, etc…]
- quest – 62 [ Kingdom Quest Crimson warden 3D RPG, Costume Quest 2 (Limited Run #309) – PlayStation 4, etc…]
- clash – 61 [ Clash of the Cards Card Game, Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, etc…]
- game – 59 [ Clash of the Cards Card Game, Trapped in a Video Game: The Complete Series, etc…]
- hunter, warriors – 58 [Hunter assassins, Monster Hunter World – Xbox One, warriors of waterdeep, etc…]
- world – 57 [world of tanks, world of warships Blitz, World War Z – PlayStation 4, Lego Jurassic World (Nintendo Switch), etc..]
- king – 55 [rise of the kings, King‘s Throne, Paper Mario: The Origami King – Nintendo Switch, Peter Jackson’s King Kong – PlayStation 2, etc…]
- god – 52 [God Kings, Gods of Olympus, Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition – Xbox One, God of War – PlayStation 4 (PS4), etc…]
- guardians, league – 51 [Guardian Tales, Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game – Nintendo Wii U by D3 Publisher, Xbox One Halo 5 Guardians Collector’s Master Chief Spartan Locke Statues Figures Display ONLY, GAME NOT INCLUDED, League of Legends, Rocket League Ultimate Edition – PlayStation 4, etc..]
- saga – 48 [Candy Crus Saga, Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Deluxe Edition – PlayStation 4 ,etc..]
- age – 47 [Age of war, Ice Age: Scrat’s Nutty Adventure (Nintendo Switch), Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity – Nintendo Switch, etc…]
- sword – 46 [Beat Sword, Pokémon Sword – Nintendo Switch, Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet – Xbox One, etc…]
- blade, master – 44 [Blade Master – Mini Action RPG Game, X-Blades – Xbox 360, Blade II, Stealth Master – Ninja Killer | Action Game, etc…]
- mmorpg – 42 [RPG MO – MMORPG, Forgotten Tales MMORPG, MMO RPG Ancients Reborn – MMORPG, etc…]
- arena, empire, magic – 41 [Arena of Valor, Empire: Four Kingdoms, Magic Tiles 3, Barbie Magic Genie Adventure, Empire: Total War – PC, Rocket Arena Mythic Edition – PlayStation 4, etc…]
- puzzle, rush, tales – 39 [Magic Jigsaw Puzzles, The Legend of Zelda Collector’s Puzzle, Mario Party Star Rush – Nintendo 3DS, Tunnel Rush Mania – Speed Game, TALES OF CRESTORIA, Tales of Arise – PlayStation 4, Tales of the Abyss – Nintendo 3DS, etc..]
- tap – 38 [Zombieland: Double Tap – Roadtrip – PlayStation 4 Standard Edition, Tap Titans 2 – Heroes Attack, etc..]
- final, run – 37 [A.O.T.2 Final Battle (PS4), Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Temple Run, The Simpsons Hit & Run, etc..]
- star, story – 36 [Tank Stars, Nintendo Kirby: Star Allies (Nintendo Switch) – Switch, Toy Story 3 The Video Game – Playstation 3, Words Story, etc..]
- city, dark – 35 [City Island 5, LEGO City Undercover – Nintendo Switch, Dark Days: Zombie Survival, The Dark Pictures: Little Hope – PlayStation 4, etc..]
- lords, online – 34 [Lords Mobile: Kingdom Wars, LEGO Lord of the Rings – Xbox 360, Modern Strike Online, Sword Art Online: Lost Song – PlayStation 4, etc..]
- pocket – 33 [Cute Pocket Cat 3D, Pocket World 3D – Assemble models unique puzzle, etc..]
- champions, fighter – 32 [WWE Champions 2020, Bakugan: Champions of Vestroia – Nintendo Switch, City Fighter vs Street Gang, Kirby Fighters 2 Standard – Switch [Digital Code], etc…]
- chaos, soccer, strike – 31 [Chaos Battle League – PvP Action Game, Dream League Soccer 2021, Football Strike – Multiplayer Soccer, Sudden Strike 4 – PS4 (Playstation 4) , etc..]
- racing, squad, super – 30 [Real Racing 3, Anti Terrorist Squad Shooting – Survival Games, Super Speed Rescue Survival: Flying Hero Games, Super Mario 3D All-Stars – Nintendo Switch, etc…]
- chronicle, summoners – 29 [Knights Chronicle, Summoners War, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner Official Strategy Guide, etc…]
- force, titans – 27 [Force Master, Dawn of Titans: War Strategy RPG, Attack on Titan – PlayStation 4, LEGO Star Wars: Force Awakens Deluxe Edition – PlayStation 4, etc..]
- epic, lost, storm – 26 [Epic Seven, Lost Continent, Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two – Nintendo Wii, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy (PS4), etc…]
- X, hearts, legacy, moba, ninja, survival, tactics – 25 [X Games Aspen, Hearts +, Legacy of Discord, CL:Champions Legion | 5v5 MOBA, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan – PlayStation 4, Raft Survival, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS, etc…]
- infinite – 24 [Infinite Galaxy, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite – Xbox One , etc…]
- blood, last, lego, rise – 23 [Bad Blood Battle Royal, Last Pirate: Survival Island Adventure, LEGO® Star Wars™: TFA, Rise of Empires: Ice and Fire, etc…]
- brave, dawn, rivals, versus – 22 [Brave Frontier, Dawn of Zombies－Survival after the Last War Online, Rivals at War, Plants vs. Zombies FREE, Versus Video Games 3, etc…]
- conquest, dead, football, gun, pirate, racer – 21 [Star Trek: Conquest – Nintendo Wii, DEAD BY DAYLIGHT MOBILE – Multiplayer Horror Game, Football Strike – Multiplayer Soccer, Gun Club 2, Pirate Evolution, Traffic Racer, etc…]
- defense, demon, fight, fire, idle, shadow, throne, ultimate – 20 [Sci Fi Tower Defense Offline Game, Demon Slayer Color By Number Pixel Art , Shadow Fight 2, Fire Truck Driving Simulator, Idle Police Tycoon – Cops Game, Shadow Fight 2, Throne: Kingdom at War, Ultimate Car Driving Simulator, etc…]
- castle, comm, simulator – 19 [Castle Solitaire: Card Game, War Commander: Rogue Assault, Bus Simulator : Ultimate, Farming Simulator 19 – Windows, etc…]
- attack, raiders – 18[Swamp Attack, Attack on Titan – Xbox One, Raiders of the North Sea, Tomb Raider Trilogy, etc…]
Below is a Random Mobile Game Naming Generator
The 20 Most Popular Video Games of 2020
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Activision. Activision playstation.com.
- NBA 2K20 – 2H21. 2K Sports. 2K Sports amazon.com.
- Madden NFL 20/21. Electronic Arts.
- Borderlands 3. 2K Games.
- Mortal Kombat 11. Warner Bros.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Electronic Arts.
- Super Smash Bros. Nintendo.
- Kingdom Hearts III. Square Enix.
Video Games Q&A & Random Gaming Posts
Video Games as Learning Tool for Kids
Instead of whining about our kids spending times playing video games, why not leverage video games as a powerful learning platform.
Various educational apps are now packaged as Video games and they have have tremendous success:
- Prodigy Math Game: Prodigy delivers a unique learning experience through an interactive math game where success depends on correctly answering skill-building math questions. Players can earn rewards, go on quests and play with friends — all while learning new skills!
Monster Math 2: Fun Maths game for Kids: Monster Maths 2 is your child’s personal homework and math trainer. It’s fun learning games, engrossing story and an adaptive learning approach makes it a superior alternative to homework or planned lessons. Lay a solid foundation for success in Algebra or Calculus.
GramMars Wars – English Grammar Game: GramMars Wars is an educational game where you can learn and improve your English Grammar.
This list will include 5 great games and the supreme game (at the last).
Number 5: League of Legends
If you are looking for an all-in-one solution to help you prepare for the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam, look no further than this AWS Cloud Practitioner CCP CLFC01 book below.
League of Legends in a multiplayer online game similar to Mobile Legends.
As in other multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) games, each player in League of Legends controls a character (“champion”) with a set of unique abilities. Most games involve two teams of five players, with each player using a different champion.
The two teams compete to be the first to destroy the Nexus structure within the opposing base. Over the course of each game, champions become stronger and gain additional abilities by earning experience and thereby levelling up. Experience is earned by killing enemies (or being nearby when a teammate does). Champions also build strength over the course of the game by buying progressively more powerful items using gold, which is earned by killing non-player enemies, killing or assisting in killing enemy players, destroying enemy structures, or selling other items.
Number 4: VALORANT
Valorant (stylized as VALORANT) is a free-to-play multiplayer tactical first-person shooter developed and published by Riot Games, for Microsoft Windows. Valorant is a team-based tactical shooter and first-person shooter set in the near-future. Players play as one of a set of agents, characters designed based on several countries and cultures around the world.
In the main game mode, players are assigned to either the attacking or defending team with each team having five players on it. Agents have unique abilities, each requiring charges, as well as a unique ultimate ability which requires charging through kills, deaths, or spike actions. Every player starts each round with a “classic” pistol and one or more “signature ability” charge. Other weapons and ability charges can be purchased using an in game economic system which awards money based on the outcome of the previous round, any kills the player is responsible for, and any actions taken with the spike. The game has an assortment of weapons including sidearms, submachine guns, shotguns, machine guns, assault rifles and sniper rifles. There are automatic and semi-automatic weapons that have a shooting pattern which has to be controlled by the player in order to be able to shoot accurately.
Number 3: Team Fortress 2
Team Fortress 2 is a multiplayer first-person shooter game developed and published by Valve. It is the sequel to the 1996 Team Fortress mod for Quake and its 1999 remake, Team Fortress Classic. It was released in October 2007 as part of The Orange Box video game bundle for Windows and Xbox 360.
A PlayStation 3 version followed in December 2007 when The Orange Box was ported to the system.
Later in development, the game was released as a standalone title for Windows in April 2008, and was updated to support Mac OS X in June 2010 and Linux in February 2013. It is distributed online through Valve’s digital retailer Steam, with Electronic Arts handling all physical and console ports of the game.
With average increases in salary of over 25% for certified individuals, you’re going to be in a much better position to secure your dream job or promotion if you earn your AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate our Cloud Practitioner certification. Get the books below to for real practice exams:Use the promo codes: W6XM9XP4TWN9 or T6K9P4J9JPPR or 9LWMYKJ7TWPN or TN4NTERJYHY4 for AWS CCP eBook at Apple iBook store.
Use Promo Codes XKPHAATA6LRL 4XJRP9XLT9XL or LTFFY6JA33EL or HKRMTMTHFMAM or 4XHAFTWT4FN6 for AWS SAA-C03 eBook at Apple iBook store
Use Promo Codes EF46PT44LXPN or L6L9R9LKEFFR or TWELPA4JFJWM for Azure Fundamentals eBook at Apple iBook store.
The player can join one of two teams, RED or BLU, and choose one of 9 character classes to battle in game modes such as capture the flag and king of the hill. Development of the game was led by John Cook and Robin Walker, the developers of the original Team Fortress mod. Team Fortress 2 was first announced in 1998 under the name Team Fortress 2: Brotherhood of Arms. Initially, the game had more realistic, militaristic visuals and gameplay, but this changed over the protracted nine-year development. After Valve released no information for six years, Team Fortress 2 regularly featured in Wired News‘ annual vaporware list among other ignominies. The finished Team Fortress 2 has cartoon-like visuals influenced by the art of J. C. Leyendecker, Dean Cornwell, and Norman Rockwell and uses Valve’s Source game engine.
Number 2: Bluestacks
Bluestacks app player is a programme that lets you run android games on windows. As of 2020, Bluestacks can run 1.5 million android apps.
I personally use it to play PUBG Mobile, CODM and Frostborn Coop Survival on pc.
We know you like your hobbies and especially coding, We do too, but you should find time to build the skills that’ll drive your career into Six Figures. Cloud skills and certifications can be just the thing you need to make the move into cloud or to level up and advance your career. 85% of hiring managers say cloud certifications make a candidate more attractive. Start your cloud journey with these excellent books below:
Number 1: Fortnite
Fortnite is distributed as three different game modes, using the same engine; each has similar graphics, art assets, and game mechanics.
- Fortnite: Save the World is a player-versus-environment cooperative game, with four players collaborating towards a common objective on various missions. The game is set after a fluke storm appears across Earth, causing 98% of the population to disappear, and the survivors to be attacked by zombie-like “husks”. The players take the role of commanders of home base shelters, collecting resources, saving survivors, and defending equipment that helps to either collect data on the storm or to push back the storm. From missions, players are awarded a number of in-game items, which include hero characters, weapon and trap schematics, and survivors, all of which can be leveled up through gained experience to improve their attributes.
- Fortnite Battle Royale is a player-versus-player game for up to 100 players, allowing one to play alone, in a duo, or in a squad (usually consisting of three or four players). Weaponless players airdrop from a “Battle Bus” that crosses the game’s map. When they land, they must scavenge for weapons, items, resources, and even vehicles while trying to stay alive and to attack and eliminate other players. Over the course of a round, the safe area of the map shrinks down in size due to an incoming toxic storm; players outside that threshold take damage and can be eliminated if they fail to quickly evacuate. This forces remaining players into tighter spaces and encourages player encounters. The last player, duo, or squad remaining is the winner.
- Fortnite Creative is a sandbox game mode, similar to Minecraft in that players are given complete freedom to spawn everything that is within the game on an island, and can create games such as battle arenas, race courses, platforming challenges, and more.
Players can use their pickaxe to knock down existing structures on the map to collect basic resources that are wood, brick, and metal. Subsequently, in all modes, the player can use these materials to build fortifications, such as walls, floors, and stairs. Such fortification pieces can be edited to add things like windows or doors. The materials used have different durability properties and can be updated to stronger variants using more materials of the same type. Within Save the World this enables players to create defensive fortifications around an objective or trap-filled tunnels to lure husks through. In Battle Royale, this provides the means to quickly traverse the map, protect oneself from enemy fire, or to delay an advancing foe. Players are encouraged to be very inventive in designing their fortifications in Creative.
While Battle Royal and Creative are free-to-play, Save the World is pay-to-play. The games are monetized through the use of V-Bucks, in-game currency that can be purchased with real-world funds, but also earned through completing missions and other achievements in Save the World. V-Bucks in Save the World can be used to buy loot boxes, in the form of piñatas shaped like llamas, to gain a random selection of items. In Battle Royale, V-Bucks can be used to buy cosmetic items like character models or the like, or can also be used to purchase the game’s battle pass, a tiered progression of customization rewards for gaining experience and completing certain objectives during the course of a Battle Royale season.
You can always play the Fortnite android version on Bluestacks.
Warning: Fortnite android version is not available on the play store. I don’t have time to explain that right now. Please watch a YouTube video on how to download it. (Fortnite Mobile was banned from the play store because Fortnite Mobile started using their own payment system instead of the Google Play one that gave Google 30% of their profit).
The supreme game: Call of Duty®: Warzone
Call of Duty: Warzone, the only free game in the Call of Duty series, is a multiplayer online shooter game.
Warzone features two primary game modes: Battle Royale and Plunder. It is the second main battle royale installment in the Call of Duty franchise, following the “Blackout” mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (2018). Warzone differs from Black Ops 4 by reducing reliance on equipable gadgets and instead encouraging the accumulation of a new in-game currency called Cash.
Warzone supports up to 150 players in a single match, which exceeds the typical size of 100 players seen in other battle royale titles. Some limited-time modes support 200 players.
The Battle Royale mode is similar to other titles in the genre where players compete in a continuously shrinking map to be the last player remaining. Players parachute onto a large game map, where they encounter other players. As the game progresses and players are eliminated, the playable area shrinks forcing the remaining players into tighter spaces. In Warzone, the non-playable areas become contaminated with a green gas that depletes health and eventually kills the player if they do not return to the safe playable area.
Unlike other titles, Warzone introduces a new respawn mechanic, a greater emphasis on vehicles, and a new in-game currency mechanic. Parachuting is unrestricted, with the player being allowed to open and cut their parachute an unlimited number of times while in air. At launch, the game supported trios (squads of up to three players) with an option to disable squad filling. Infinity Ward has mentioned testing the number of squad members in future updates. Four-player squads and Solo BR modes were added in following updates, while Duos was added near the end of Season 3.
Character death in Battle Royale does not necessarily translate to player defeat like in other titles. Instead, the mode offers a respawn mechanic which players can take advantage of in various ways. Players who are killed are transported to the “Gulag”, where they engage in one-on-one combat with another defeated player, with both players being given the same weaponry. The guns that the players receive have little or no attachments. Players may only enter the gulag after their first death in a match. The winner of this combat is respawned into the game. Other methods of respawn are available using the in-game currency system. Players may use the in-game currency to purchase respawn tokens for other players should they not be revived by the Gulag mechanic.
In the Plunder mode teams have to search for stacks of Cash scattered around the map to accumulate $1 million. Once found, the game goes into overtime, multiplying all Cash sums by 1.5. The team who has gathered the most money when the clock runs out is declared the winner. Players respawn automatically in this gamemode.
In addition to Battle Royale and Plunder, several limited-time modes have been introduced throughout the course of the game’s life cycle:
- BR Buy Backs (originally called BR Stimulus) is a variation of Battle Royale in which players automatically respawn upon death if they have sufficient money, and the Gulag is disabled.
- Blood Money is a variation of Plunder in which players gain more cash rewards from completing contracts and performing “finishing moves” (execution kills) on other players.
- Warzone Rumble is a 50v50 deathmatch type game mode taking place in cut-off sections of the main Verdansk map.
- Mini Royale is a 50-player mode in which players drop within a smaller circle than normal Battle Royale modes, for more squad engagements.
- Juggernaut Royale features the Juggernaut killstreak dropping in random places throughout the map. Up to three Juggernauts can be active at once in the map. Once a Juggernaut is killed, another Juggernaut care package will spawn in.
- Armored Royale features squads spawning in with armored trucks, which players can upgrade to be more powerful over time. Unlike normal modes, players can continue to respawn as long as their squad’s truck is intact.
Your PC doesn’t meet the system requirements? Don’t worry! Get Ironsight, a graphically scaled down copy of COD Warzone instead.
Bonus Game: slither.io
Slither io is a website based online game where you play as a worm/ snake (I’m not sure) and have to grow bigger by eating the glowing stuff and killing other players and eating their points. You get killed if your head bumps into another player’s body.
Now this is just my view but I think it’s the permadeath mechanic.
Imagine all your precious character stats that you’ve painstakingly built up only for it to be gone.
Just like that.
I can’t imagine the “feeling” of all that hard work going to waste.
My take on this question.
AI-Upscaled 240p Games Have Never Looked This Good NVIDIA’s DLSS 2.0 tech makes gaming even more accessible
The Gamification of Learning and Life: Why we must change the way we teach and learn. In 2020 and beyond.
“There are approximately 2.2 billion gamers in the world. Out of the estimated 7.6 billion people living on earth, as of July 2018, that means almost a third of people on this planet are gamers.” Video gaming is a big business and enjoyed worldwide.
If our business is using natural language, it’s understanding what makes people tick. Intuition is our medium: we wink and nudge, we push the limits of language to get a rapport with people to build trust, empathy and understanding. Our jobs are safe.
With the increase of Cloud-Gaming, mobile has become a very valuable option for on the go gaming. With services like Google Stadia, GeForce Now, PlayStation Now, etc. you have a very big variety so you can play all the games you want on that small screen of your phone. Also, 5G will make this process even smoother.
In conclusion, mobile gaming looks to be a very promising field for the future. Even though it might be able to replace PC and console gaming its getting close to it. I can’t say anything for sure, but a bright future lies ahead and we can only wait and see how this will turn out. With the major players that are coming on this market, only good things can happen.
The video game industry has (not so) quietly undergone a big number of changes: microtransactions, development costs, and competition.
The idea of a “Netflix for video games” is quite simple — a service that allows all people to play high-quality video games on any device through a subscription offering. It still remains uncertain how game streaming will shape up in the end, but reviewing the first attempts to create such a solution, we can identify some patterns.
This is what happens when ideas meet corporate opinion and influence – unused concept art for Epic Mickey. from r/gaming
Meta-Gaming is when you make in-game decisions based on out-of-game knowledge. This is mostly a bad thing.
Let’s consider several situations to illustrate the point.
Finding a Trap:
- The Metagamer goes right to where the trap is located and spams “search” checks until he “finds” it, because he’s played this module before and remembers the trap.
- The regular player searches the room once, fails, and blithely walks into a trap. Because while he knows it’s there, his character does not.
Do you see how one made a decision based on what he knew, possibly ruined a possible good storytelling moment, and cheated. The other player was able to separate what he knew from what his character knew, and made a decision based on character knowledge only. Sure, he just got lanced by a foot-spike, but everyone is in the moment, committed to the story.
- The Metagamer plans an L-shaped ambush per Chapter 3–17 b. (2), FM7–8 Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad, adjusted to account for swords, spears, and bows instead of rifles, machineguns, and grenades.
- The regular gamer remembers his character barely knows which end of a sword to hold, and either lets the fighter plan the ambush, or just waits in the bushes by the trail for the target to get close.
I’ve been guilty of this several times. In my last game, I was literally planning an ambush for some hobgoblins before cutting myself off. “Nope, Katrina doesn’t know any of this,” and shut up.
- The Metagamer knows the weak-spot of the monster and slams it right off the bat, ruining what could have been an epic fight. He’s memorized the monster manual, and despite his character never before even hearing of this monster, he’s got it’s MO memorized.
- The regular gamer may or may not know about the monster, but fights it as his character would, because his character doesn’t know that it’s vulnerable to, say, cold.
In my last game, we fought a midlin-small red dragon. As it happened, Katrina had found a ring of fire resistance. Yay! And while I know that Red Dragons do not have a special vulnerability to cold, she assumed they did, and kept peppering it with Ray of Frost. And while it didn’t do extra damage, she did manage to distract it long enough for some teammates to get behind it, especially when it blasted her with fire and she just stood there and took it.
- When it’s time to level up, the Metagamer makes decisions based on mechanical advantage. He may multiclass or pick up feats based on what he thinks the next adventure will be, or just try to get the biggest ACC, AC, Dam, or whatever he can get. He may multiclass his fighter into a Paladin to pick up Smite, because he thinks they’ll be dealing with undead soon.
- The regular player levels up based on what makes the most sense for the character. He may also muticlass his fighter into a Paladin, but it’s because he found religion.
Now, for a counter-example. I was in a sci-fi game once, and our ship was damaged. The engines were non-responsive, but Engineering reported they were fully functional. I was playing the Engineer. I deduced that a micro-meteor hit had damaged the control lines, and that the cutout had failed to automatically re-route them to the backups, which I then went to go do manually.
I’m an electronics technician by trade, and I know a bit about naval architecture, and it since I was playing the Engineer, it was totally fine to use Murphy’s Player Knowledge for my Engineer Character. That was not bad metagaming.
Now, some forms of meta-gaming are worse than others. The leveling one doesn’t bother me too much. But other kinds can ruin other player’s fun, and that’s a problem. It cheats people out of the experience, and is goddamn frustrating as a GM.
For more, read The Dungeon Deep
Original question-What exactly is meta-gaming in Dungeons & Dragons? Is it bad or good? What are some examples?
- The Incredible Audience Targeted by Galactic Islandsby Galactic Islands (Gaming on Medium) on October 1, 2022 at 9:21 am
At Galactic Islands, our team recognises the essential nature of appealing to multiple demographics in order to stimulate constant…Continue reading on Medium »
- The Wonderful Range of Galactic Islands Play & Earn Functionalityby Galactic Islands (Gaming on Medium) on October 1, 2022 at 9:20 am
The Galactic Islands team is forever focused on delivering a full range of functionalities that involves and engages mobile gamers of all…Continue reading on Medium »
- The 3 Pillars of Every Successful Play & Earn Web3 Gameby Galactic Islands (Gaming on Medium) on October 1, 2022 at 9:19 am
As more and more Play & Earn (P&E) games are founded within the Web3 space, the standard required for them to reach success has never been…Continue reading on Medium »
- Fariya baji top expert black magic specailist in Duba.by Fariyafairya (Gaming on Medium) on October 1, 2022 at 8:59 am
Continue reading on Medium »
- Fariya baji real black magic specialist contact number 03432075713.by Fariyafairya (Gaming on Medium) on October 1, 2022 at 7:49 am
Continue reading on Medium »
- i just wanna know how they got my picture..by /u/LordDabz710 (r/gaming) on October 1, 2022 at 6:56 am
submitted by /u/LordDabz710 [link] [comments]
- Status Report #016by Genopets (Gaming on Medium) on October 1, 2022 at 6:47 am
New updates and improvements to the GenoverseContinue reading on Medium »
- Google Stadia Shutdown!? How to get a Stadia refund?by Spencer Thomason (Gaming on Medium) on October 1, 2022 at 6:21 am
Google Stadia is shuffling off this mortal coil on January 18th, but thankfully, Google is offering refunds for anyone that purchased…Continue reading on Medium »
- How to encourage shite passwordsby /u/my1stone (r/gaming) on October 1, 2022 at 6:08 am
submitted by /u/my1stone [link] [comments]
- Best gaming laptop under 60000 in Indiaby Mokibul Islam (Gaming on Medium) on October 1, 2022 at 6:00 am
In India, the growth of the internet and mobile technologies has been rapid. As a result, there is a growing demand for laptops specially…Continue reading on Medium »
- Self Promotion Saturday! Small streamer? Just getting started? Tell us about it here!by /u/AutoModerator (r/gaming) on October 1, 2022 at 6:00 am
Use this post to tell us about your YouTube Channel or Twitch stream! Show us your creativity and tell us why we should subscribe. What makes you unique? Please note that this thread is NOT for selling or advertising stores. Report any such posts and we'll deal with them. Thanks! This thread is posted weekly on Saturdays (adjustments made as needed). Reminder that you must follow our rules of promotion. submitted by /u/AutoModerator [link] [comments]
- A daily dose of what’s up in the tech worldby AdamG (Gaming on Medium) on October 1, 2022 at 6:00 am
Continue reading on Medium »
- Girl turned it into a crime scene.by /u/jinrex015 (r/gaming) on October 1, 2022 at 5:39 am
submitted by /u/jinrex015 [link] [comments]
- Amil Baba kala jadu in onille #amilbaba #blackmagic Karachi Hi Friends I’m Online Amila Fatima Baji…by Babaukamil (Gaming on Medium) on October 1, 2022 at 4:56 am
Continue reading on Medium »
- Rapper T-Pain takes aim at gamers who harass devs: 'f*cking chill out. It's a f*cking game my dude.by /u/__THE_TURTLE__ (r/gaming) on October 1, 2022 at 3:47 am
submitted by /u/__THE_TURTLE__ [link] [comments]
- Factby /u/h00psz004 (r/gaming) on October 1, 2022 at 3:43 am
submitted by /u/h00psz004 [link] [comments]
- IGN’s review of FIFA 23 on Switch, which has remained an unchanged game for the past 4 iterationsby /u/noimdirtydan14 (r/gaming) on October 1, 2022 at 2:44 am
submitted by /u/noimdirtydan14 [link] [comments]
- Now you're speaking my languageby /u/jon_bone (r/gaming) on October 1, 2022 at 2:23 am
submitted by /u/jon_bone [link] [comments]
- My roommate dressed as "Bucket Head Zombie" from PvZby /u/PiSandi (r/gaming) on October 1, 2022 at 1:54 am
submitted by /u/PiSandi [link] [comments]
- Got a heads-up that I had a package delivered to our HQ… which is weird, since I haven’t had anything delivered to work since COVID hit. Turns out it’s my copy of Indivisible, the Nintendo Switch RPG I backed on Indiegogo, which has been in transit for 841 daysby /u/wowbobwow (r/gaming) on October 1, 2022 at 1:52 am
submitted by /u/wowbobwow [link] [comments]
- haven't we seen enough posts about people getting a next gen consoles honestly who cares at this point?by /u/Minimum_Wheel_1324 (r/gaming) on October 1, 2022 at 12:26 am
submitted by /u/Minimum_Wheel_1324 [link] [comments]
- September 30th vs October 1stby /u/Megumi_Bandicoot (r/gaming) on September 30, 2022 at 11:28 pm
submitted by /u/Megumi_Bandicoot [link] [comments]
- I just found these 4 games at a local garage sale bundled for $20. I know red dead but I don’t know anything about these other onesby /u/NuggetWarrior09 (r/gaming) on September 30, 2022 at 8:56 pm
submitted by /u/NuggetWarrior09 [link] [comments]
- Wowby /u/__THE_TURTLE__ (r/gaming) on September 30, 2022 at 8:34 pm
submitted by /u/__THE_TURTLE__ [link] [comments]
- Woke up from a nap on the couch to a surprise from my wifeby /u/tnick771 (r/gaming) on September 30, 2022 at 7:53 pm
submitted by /u/tnick771 [link] [comments]
- GTA 5 - but when the cops don't see you, it's possible to enter right?by /u/Treppomann (r/gaming) on September 30, 2022 at 5:17 pm
submitted by /u/Treppomann [link] [comments]
- 2025...by /u/Hame05D (r/gaming) on September 30, 2022 at 4:39 pm
submitted by /u/Hame05D [link] [comments]
- Watch out Nvidiaby /u/Chcken_Noodle_Soup (r/gaming) on September 30, 2022 at 4:32 pm
submitted by /u/Chcken_Noodle_Soup [link] [comments]
- Finally have a decent setupby /u/Waughoo81 (r/gaming) on September 30, 2022 at 3:26 pm
submitted by /u/Waughoo81 [link] [comments]
- Hey no complaining hereby /u/TheVirtualBomb (r/gaming) on September 30, 2022 at 2:56 pm
submitted by /u/TheVirtualBomb [link] [comments]
- How old am I? Found this box in storage. This was peak performance.by /u/heylooknewpillows (r/gaming) on September 30, 2022 at 2:29 pm
submitted by /u/heylooknewpillows [link] [comments]
- Bought a Series X yesterday and felt like a kid again.by /u/SmokeEater1375 (r/gaming) on September 30, 2022 at 1:24 pm
submitted by /u/SmokeEater1375 [link] [comments]
- Statistical anomaly simulatorby /u/Alzward (r/gaming) on September 30, 2022 at 1:20 pm
submitted by /u/Alzward [link] [comments]
- When it's finally Fridayby /u/PUSClFER (r/gaming) on September 30, 2022 at 9:41 am
submitted by /u/PUSClFER [link] [comments]
- Absolutely anti-consumer. Tried to play Medal of Honor Single-Playerby /u/Wrell (r/gaming) on September 30, 2022 at 4:17 am
submitted by /u/Wrell [link] [comments]
- Accidentally left my Series X box in direct sunlight which gave me a peek into an alternate timeline where Xbox and PlayStation swap color schemes.by /u/BENJALSON (r/gaming) on September 29, 2022 at 10:27 pm
submitted by /u/BENJALSON [link] [comments]
Read Photos and PDFs Aloud for me iOS
Read Photos and PDFs Aloud for me android
Read Photos and PDFs Aloud For me Windows 10/11
Read Photos and PDFs Aloud For Amazon
My favorite tool for creating blog content about tiny topics is the Jasper AI blog writer.
Get 20% off Google Workspace (Google Meet) Business Plan (AMERICAS): M9HNXHX3WC9H7YE (Email us for more)
Get 20% off Google Google Workspace (Google Meet) Standard Plan with the following codes: 96DRHDRA9J7GTN6 (Email us for more))
We know you like Sports and Geeky things, We do too, but you should build the skills that’ll drive your career into six figures. Cloud skills and certifications can be just the thing you need to make the move into cloud or to level up and advance your career. 85% of hiring managers say cloud certifications make a candidate more attractive.
Download the Djamga App for ios or android or Microsoft for drop in soccer, basketball, volleyball, badminton, football, hockey, cricket games details and location in your city.
List of Freely available programming books - What is the single most influential book every Programmers should read
- Bjarne Stroustrup - The C++ Programming Language
- Brian W. Kernighan, Rob Pike - The Practice of Programming
- Donald Knuth - The Art of Computer Programming
- Ellen Ullman - Close to the Machine
- Ellis Horowitz - Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms
- Eric Raymond - The Art of Unix Programming
- Gerald M. Weinberg - The Psychology of Computer Programming
- James Gosling - The Java Programming Language
- Joel Spolsky - The Best Software Writing I
- Keith Curtis - After the Software Wars
- Richard M. Stallman - Free Software, Free Society
- Richard P. Gabriel - Patterns of Software
- Richard P. Gabriel - Innovation Happens Elsewhere
- Code Complete (2nd edition) by Steve McConnell
- The Pragmatic Programmer
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
- The C Programming Language by Kernighan and Ritchie
- Introduction to Algorithms by Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest & Stein
- Design Patterns by the Gang of Four
- Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
- The Mythical Man Month
- The Art of Computer Programming by Donald Knuth
- Compilers: Principles, Techniques and Tools by Alfred V. Aho, Ravi Sethi and Jeffrey D. Ullman
- Gödel, Escher, Bach by Douglas Hofstadter
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship by Robert C. Martin
- Effective C++
- More Effective C++
- CODE by Charles Petzold
- Programming Pearls by Jon Bentley
- Working Effectively with Legacy Code by Michael C. Feathers
- Peopleware by Demarco and Lister
- Coders at Work by Peter Seibel
- Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!
- Effective Java 2nd edition
- Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture by Martin Fowler
- The Little Schemer
- The Seasoned Schemer
- Why's (Poignant) Guide to Ruby
- The Inmates Are Running The Asylum: Why High Tech Products Drive Us Crazy and How to Restore the Sanity
- The Art of Unix Programming
- Test-Driven Development: By Example by Kent Beck
- Practices of an Agile Developer
- Don't Make Me Think
- Agile Software Development, Principles, Patterns, and Practices by Robert C. Martin
- Domain Driven Designs by Eric Evans
- The Design of Everyday Things by Donald Norman
- Modern C++ Design by Andrei Alexandrescu
- Best Software Writing I by Joel Spolsky
- The Practice of Programming by Kernighan and Pike
- Pragmatic Thinking and Learning: Refactor Your Wetware by Andy Hunt
- Software Estimation: Demystifying the Black Art by Steve McConnel
- The Passionate Programmer (My Job Went To India) by Chad Fowler
- Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution
- Algorithms + Data Structures = Programs
- Writing Solid Code
- Getting Real by 37 Signals
- Foundations of Programming by Karl Seguin
- Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice in C (2nd Edition)
- Thinking in Java by Bruce Eckel
- The Elements of Computing Systems
- Refactoring to Patterns by Joshua Kerievsky
- Modern Operating Systems by Andrew S. Tanenbaum
- The Annotated Turing
- Things That Make Us Smart by Donald Norman
- The Timeless Way of Building by Christopher Alexander
- The Deadline: A Novel About Project Management by Tom DeMarco
- The C++ Programming Language (3rd edition) by Stroustrup
- Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture
- Computer Systems - A Programmer's Perspective
- Agile Principles, Patterns, and Practices in C# by Robert C. Martin
- Growing Object-Oriented Software, Guided by Tests
- Framework Design Guidelines by Brad Abrams
- Object Thinking by Dr. David West
- Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment by W. Richard Stevens
- Hackers and Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age
- The Soul of a New Machine by Tracy Kidder
- CLR via C# by Jeffrey Richter
- The Timeless Way of Building by Christopher Alexander
- Design Patterns in C# by Steve Metsker
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carol
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig
- About Face - The Essentials of Interaction Design
- Here Comes Everybody: The Power of Organizing Without Organizations by Clay Shirky
- The Tao of Programming
- Computational Beauty of Nature
- Writing Solid Code by Steve Maguire
- Philip and Alex's Guide to Web Publishing
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design with Applications by Grady Booch
- Effective Java by Joshua Bloch
- Computability by N. J. Cutland
- Masterminds of Programming
- The Tao Te Ching
- The Productive Programmer
- The Art of Deception by Kevin Mitnick
- The Career Programmer: Guerilla Tactics for an Imperfect World by Christopher Duncan
- Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence Programming: Case studies in Common Lisp
- Masters of Doom
- Pragmatic Unit Testing in C# with NUnit by Andy Hunt and Dave Thomas with Matt Hargett
- How To Solve It by George Polya
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Smalltalk-80: The Language and its Implementation
- Writing Secure Code (2nd Edition) by Michael Howard
- Introduction to Functional Programming by Philip Wadler and Richard Bird
- No Bugs! by David Thielen
- Rework by Jason Freid and DHH
- JUnit in Action