How do you make a Python loop faster?

You can translate the content of this page by selecting a language in the select box.

How do you make a Python loop faster?

Programmers are always looking for ways to make their code more efficient. One way to do this is to use a faster loop. Python is a high-level programming language that is widely used by developers and software engineers. It is known for its readability and ease of use. However, one downside of Python is that its loops can be slow. This can be a problem when you need to process large amounts of data. There are several ways to make Python loops faster. One way is to use a faster looping construct, such as C. Another way is to use an optimized library, such as NumPy. Finally, you can vectorize your code, which means converting it into a format that can be run on a GPU or other parallel computing platform. By using these techniques, you can significantly speed up your Python code.

According to Vladislav Zorov, If not talking about NumPy or something, try to use list comprehension expressions where possible. Those are handled by the C code of the Python interpreter, instead of looping in Python. Basically same idea like the NumPy solution, you just don’t want code running in Python.

Football/Soccer World Cup 2022 Guide and Past World Cups History and Quiz illustrated

Example: (Python 3.0)

from timeit import timeit
print(timeit(loops, number=100))
#18.953254899999592 seconds
print(timeit(lstcomp, number=100))
#11.669047399991541 seconds
Or Do this in Python 2.0
How do you make a Python loop faster?
How do you make a Python loop faster?

Python list traversing tip:

Instead of this: for i in range(len(l)): x = l[i]

Use this for i, x in enumerate(l): …

TO keep track of indices and values inside a loop.

Twice faster, and the code looks better.

Another option is to write loops in C instead of Python. This can be done by using a Python extension module such as pyximport. By doing this, programmers can take advantage of the speed of C while still using the convenient syntax of Python.

Finally, developers can also improve the performance of their code by making use of caching. By caching values that are computed inside a loop, programmers can avoid having to recalculate them each time through the loop. By taking these steps, programmers can make their Python code more efficient and faster.

Very Important: Don’t worry about code efficiency until you find yourself needing to worry about code efficiency.

The place where you think about efficiency is within the logic of your implementations.

This is where “big O” discussions come in to play. If you aren’t familiar, here is a link on the topic

What are the top 10 Wonders of computing and software engineering?

How do you make a Python loop faster?
What are the top 10 most insane myths about computer programmers?

Programming, Coding and Algorithms Questions and Answers

Do you want to learn python we found 5 online coding courses for beginners?

Python Coding Bestsellers on Amazon

The Best Python Coding and Programming Bootcamps

We’ve also included a scholarship resource with more than 40 unique scholarships to provide additional financial support.

Python Coding Bootcamp Scholarships

Python Coding Breaking News

• A python-GraphQL mapper - part 2
    by /u/Abject-Razzmatazz182 (Python) on December 2, 2022 at 1:07 am

Hi Pythonistas, After your precious feedbacks in my first post I updated my library that allows code-first approach for GraphQL clients. link: https://github.com/dapalex/py-graphql-mapper/ I hope you it will turn out useful. Cheers submitted by /u/Abject-Razzmatazz182 [link] [comments]

• New video on tuples
    by /u/kevinwoodrobot (Python) on December 2, 2022 at 1:03 am

submitted by /u/kevinwoodrobot [link] [comments]

• Pygame vs PySDL2
    by /u/Katalysmus (Python) on December 2, 2022 at 12:18 am

I am an advocate of pygame, but pygame bases itself off SDL2 so i was wondering whether i should swap, considering i know and worked with SDL2 submitted by /u/Katalysmus [link] [comments]

• Pygame vs PySDL2
    by /u/Katalysmus (Python) on December 2, 2022 at 12:18 am

• Compile & Distrib, not strictly Py
    by /u/fastcodr (Python) on December 1, 2022 at 8:32 pm

https://ytmdesktop.app/ source: https://github.com/ytmdesktop/ytmdesktop Based on the README doc, it is not completely clear. How does the developer create exe/Win10 and dmg/MacOS for dist? Any comments? submitted by /u/fastcodr [link] [comments]

• GitHub - explosion/confection: Confection: the sweetest config system for Python
    by /u/pmz (Python) on December 1, 2022 at 8:20 pm

submitted by /u/pmz [link] [comments]

• What is the best python web stack? Beginner to intermediate
    by /u/leozaur1808 (Python) on December 1, 2022 at 7:53 pm

submitted by /u/leozaur1808 [link] [comments]

• Pre-release v0.3 of Openclick just released for testing!
    by /u/AlexDaBruh (Python) on December 1, 2022 at 7:52 pm

Hello! I just released a pre-release of my project OpenClick! ​ OpenClick is an autoclicker that is completely terminal based and written in python! Since I use arch (btw) I really cant test it on debian based platforms! Any help with testing on other platforms like debian, slackware, windows, freebsd (etc.) will be appreciated! ​ Thanks, and enjoy! submitted by /u/AlexDaBruh [link] [comments]

• Default arguments depth
    by /u/ka1ikasan (Python) on December 1, 2022 at 4:39 pm

Hi all! I often see, even in some very respectable codebases, the following pattern of using default arguments in functions / methods: def say_hello(name="stranger"): print(f"Hi {name}!") def ask_question(name="stranger"): print(f"How are you doing, {name}?") def greet(name="stranger"): say_hello(name) ask_question(name) The default value runs through the whole code. I cannot see the rationale behind this pattern and cannot really think about any references in existing style guides. There are a lot of issues here, in my opinion. First, it seems difficult to maintain if (or when) the default value should be modified. It will probably not lead to an obvious bug since replacing the default value in greet() but not say_hello() and ask_questions() will lead to the same result as replacing default values everywhere. Second, this pattern does not seem very transparent since someone who works exclusively on the say_hello() feature has no idea whether name value is supposed to be handled within this function or not. The only reason that I can see to implement such architecture is each dev-team covering their own backs: if I work on say_hello() without implementing a default value and someone who works on greet() forgets to send a name when calling my function, nobody would blame me for that. These examples are simple and obvious but I see this kind of stuff with default values being replicated with a depth of 10 calls within 5-6 different modules. Is there a standard way of handling such cases? Or is it a question of personal preference and I shouldn't be bothered by this? submitted by /u/ka1ikasan [link] [comments]

• Making a new REST API framework in Python; QuAPI
    by /u/bishwasbhn (Python) on December 1, 2022 at 4:23 pm

Hello Python Devs! I am Bishwas Bhandari. I have been doing Python development for three years. During these years, I have used Django, Django Rest Framework, and FastAPI in web dev [backend or as fullstack], and I have full respect for these projects. But I wanted something that is not only fast in production, but also fast while developing. So, I started this project called QuAPI. I am open to collaborating with awesome Python Engineers and developers on the project. Basically, this project handles controllers, actions, methods, and routes in a very minimal way. The philosophy is "A full-featured API framework that can handle DB, auth, and other essential features without making the developers hassle". Lemme know how you felt about the project, and if you're interested. submitted by /u/bishwasbhn [link] [comments]

• Inspired by bad online text editors I made my own problem generator.
    by /u/Realistic_Wedding_98 (Python) on December 1, 2022 at 3:53 pm

It's simple, but as a newbie it's the first time I've had an idea in the morning and been able to program it before lunch! Generates a random type of problem, then opens a file with the problem prompt and an example data type given in the prompt. Let me know what you think, and any painfully bad logic or code used. Repo - https://github.com/tombjorn/Problem_Generator submitted by /u/Realistic_Wedding_98 [link] [comments]

• Any open source games written in Python? Ideally, something being actively developed
    by /u/mikcf (Python) on December 1, 2022 at 3:44 pm

Any library/framework (pygame, kivy, Ursina, etc.) works submitted by /u/mikcf [link] [comments]

• Which interactive programming environment are you using and why?
    by /u/tim-hilt (Python) on December 1, 2022 at 3:30 pm

Polls are unfortunately deactivated for this subreddit, so let's discuss in the comments. Backstory is: I've worked with several different solutions in the past: Python REPL IPython Jupyter Notebooks Jupyter Lab VS Code I didn't have the need to use any of these again for some time. I think that VS Code in particular might have caught up to Jupyter Lab since then. I'm mainly just interested what the Python community uses today, but this post might also influence my choice, now that I find the need to use a few Python dependencies again. submitted by /u/tim-hilt [link] [comments]

• Advent of Code: Solving Your Puzzles With Python – Real Python
    by /u/ajpinedam (Python) on December 1, 2022 at 3:12 pm

submitted by /u/ajpinedam [link] [comments]

• Speeding up Flask & Quart’s routing [Video talk]
    by /u/stetio (Python) on December 1, 2022 at 3:01 pm

submitted by /u/stetio [link] [comments]

• Convert Trapped Tables within PDFs as Pandas DataFrames with Tabula-py
    by /u/tedpetrou (Python) on December 1, 2022 at 2:51 pm

submitted by /u/tedpetrou [link] [comments]

• PyRGG: Python Random Graph Generator - Version 1.3
    by /u/sepandhaghighi (Python) on December 1, 2022 at 2:50 pm

PyRGG is an easy-to-use synthetic random graph generator written in Python which supports various graph file formats including DIMACS .gr files. PyRGG has the ability to generate graphs of different sizes and is designed to provide input files for broad range of graph-based research applications, including but not limited to testing, benchmarking and performance-analysis of graph processing frameworks. PyRGG target audiences are computer scientists who study graph algorithms and graph processing frameworks. GitHub Screen Record Example: digraph test { 1 -> 7 [weight=-533]; 1 -> 9 [weight=936]; 1 -> 2 [weight=946]; 2 -> 6 [weight=225]; 2 -> 5 [weight=-215]; 3 -> 8 [weight=-563]; 3 -> 8 [weight=329]; 4 -> 4 [weight=-351]; 4 -> 5 [weight=-141]; 5 -> 10 [weight=139]; 6 -> 6 [weight=774]; 9 -> 7 [weight=-331]; 10 -> 3 [weight=-406]; 10 -> 7 [weight=-319]; } ​ https://preview.redd.it/7imy46p1va3a1.png?width=762&format=png&auto=webp&s=9ac0f2999792434227b5ee9fa5c88b2c9ec363a8 submitted by /u/sepandhaghighi [link] [comments]

• Dymoval: a package for analyzing datasets and validate models.
    by /u/Ubaldo79 (Python) on December 1, 2022 at 2:25 pm

Hi all, ​ Here it is my first project, I hope to get some constructive feedbacks. The tool is for analyzing datasets and validate model, which is are hot topics nowadays https://github.com/VolvoGroup/dymoval ​ We tried to write self-contained docs, therefore much of information is there, but at least here I can provide some background and get some feedback. The motivation for this project is that we ended up many times in analyzing logs from the field for root-cause problems and eventually find some solutions: we noticed that every time we had to rewrite some disposable script that required lot of time and lines of code, and that each colleague used to write their own script for analyzing such data, but pretty much the task were always the same: plot some data, filter them out, handling missing data, and so on. We thought that perhaps it was a good idea to "uniformize" a bit things so we gain some time and reduce some cost, we thought, and that everybody can use. ​ We thought that pandas, matplotlib, etc could be a solution that everybody could easily use without losing too much focus on what is their ultimate goal, but we found these tools a bit too overwhelming, with tons of options and very long guidelines. That was expected somehow, since they are "general" purpose tools whereas I needed something more focused. So, we thought it may be useful to build something else by "standing on the giants shoulders" that is extremely simple to use (hopefully) and that won't require writing tons of lines of code (especially in the case of matplotlib) or passing billions of arguments to a class method. Furthermore, for the model validation part we could not find so much, especially when it turns to MIMO systems. ​ I am pretty sure there is margin of improvement for this tool, especially for the coding style, and here is where I wish to have some feedback. I am not a software engineer myself and I stared my Python journey on April/May this year so any feedback would be great! Feel free to take a look at the source code as well. It is very verbose in comments because I am getting old and that is the only way for helping myself to remember what the heck I did if I will have to re-open the source code in two months or so. ​ Thanks! ​ P.S. I tagged it as beginner because it is indeed less than one year that I develop with Python and I really still feel a beginner! P.P.S. for those who are curious the package has been entirely developed with Spyder and Vim, depending on the mood of the day 😀 submitted by /u/Ubaldo79 [link] [comments]

• I made Sudoku Solver with Tkinter & we can also visualize backtracking algorithm & It can also Auto Type Sudoku solutions.
    by /u/Nisheet_Patel (Python) on December 1, 2022 at 2:24 pm

Creating this game was the result of my desire to learn Tkinter and to be able to win all Sudoku games online. As this is my first large project using Tkinter, the source code may seem messy, but I have tried my best to organize it and add relevant comments. So it's easy to understand. ​ Screenshots of Sudoku Solver Pro. Features: Backtracking algorithm visualization Generate Easy/Hard puzzles Hints Speed Solve / Visual Solve Bot (auto type puzzle solutions on website or app) If you have any ideas for new features, let me know. Or you can also contribute to it. If you want to install this Sudoku Pro on your system, download the source code from GitHub. Whenever you face a problem, watch his video. It will help you. ​ Modules Used: Tkinter NumPy PyAutoGui ​ Features gif: You can also visualize your Sudoku puzzles as fast as that Win! This is how I win all my Sudoku online games. Watch this video to see how the Bot Auto Typer works. I would appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. submitted by /u/Nisheet_Patel [link] [comments]

• Python Data Science December
    by /u/rymoin1 (Python) on December 1, 2022 at 1:57 pm

I just published the Python Data Science December. One real-life project about Python & Data Science each day. From now to December 24th. For free on Medium. Hope you enjoy it submitted by /u/rymoin1 [link] [comments]

Djamgatech

Read Photos and PDFs Aloud for me iOS
Read Photos and PDFs Aloud for me android
Read Photos and PDFs Aloud For me Windows 10/11
Read Photos and PDFs Aloud For Amazon

My favorite tool for creating blog content about tiny topics is the Jasper AI blog writer.

Get 20% off Google Workspace (Google Meet)  Business Plan (AMERICAS): M9HNXHX3WC9H7YE (Email us for more)

Get 20% off Google Google Workspace (Google Meet) Standard Plan with  the following codes:  96DRHDRA9J7GTN6 (Email us for more))

FREE 10000+ Quiz Trivia and and Brain Teasers for All Topics including Cloud Computing, General Knowledge, History, Television, Music, Art, Science, Movies, Films, US History, Soccer Football, World Cup, Data Science, Machine Learning, Geography, etc....

taimienphi.vn

error: Content is protected !!