Which one is better to live in, Calgary or Edmonton? Why?
Do you feel like a big city slicker or a small town girl? Edmonton or Calgary – which one is better to live in? Both cities have their pros and cons, but when it comes down to it, we think Calgary takes the cake. Read on to find out why!
Calgary and Edmonton are the 2 biggest cities in Alberta, Canada. The question is which one is better to live in, Calgary or Edmonton? Why?
It is difficult to say which city is better to live in, as it ultimately depends on an individual’s personal preferences and priorities. Both Calgary and Edmonton have their own unique features and attractions, and which city is better for you will depend on what you are looking for in a place to live.
Here are some factors to consider when deciding between Calgary and Edmonton:
Location: Calgary is located in southern Alberta, near the Rocky Mountains, while Edmonton is located in central Alberta. This can be a factor to consider if you enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking and skiing, or if you prefer a more urban environment.
Cost of living: Both Calgary and Edmonton have a relatively low cost of living compared to other major cities in Canada. However, Calgary tends to be more expensive than Edmonton, particularly in terms of housing costs.
Employment: Both cities have strong economies and a diverse range of industries, including oil and gas, healthcare, and technology. Unemployment rates in both cities are generally low.
Climate: Calgary and Edmonton both have cold winters and warm summers, with Calgary generally experiencing cooler temperatures and more snowfall.
Ultimately, the decision of which city is better to live in will depend on your personal circumstances and what you are looking for in a place to call home. It may be helpful to research and compare the two cities in more detail to determine which one is a better fit for you.
What are the pros and cons of Calgary vs Edmonton.
As someone who has lived in both cities for more than 3 years and is still living in Calgary:
Ace the AWS Certified Machine Learning Specialty Exam with Confidence: Get Your Hands on the Ultimate MLS-C01 Practice Exams!
- Weather: you have more sunshine and less harsh winter in Calgary with occasional positive temperature in the middle of the winter because of the Chinook winds: Calgary wins
- Cost of life: Edmonton rent, home ownership, food, clothing is slightly cheaper than same items in Calgary: Edmonton wins
- Job Opportunities: more blue collar jobs in Edmonton, more white collar jobs in Calgary: tie
- Education: Edmonton has one of the top university in Canada called University of Alberta. University of Calgary has a first class business school called Hayskane school of business. Edmonton wins.
- City’s architecture: Calgary seems newer, nicely architected and just more beautiful to me by far: Calgary wins
- People: just the same to me, no difference: tie
- Size and population: Calgary (1.3 million people, 825 km2) is larger and have more people than Edmonton (1 million people, 684 km2): I won’t call this a win
- Mountains and lakes : Banff National Park, Lake Louise, Jasper National Park, Waterton Lakes National Park, are all closer to Calgary than Edmonton. Calgary is 1 hour from Banff, and day trips to the mountains are very common. Edmonton is 4 hours from Jasper, and trips to the mountains are more of a long weekend activity: Calgary Wins
- Summer festivities: Both cities have great and similar festivals, but Calgary hosts the greatest western festival on earth in July called the Stampede. Sylvan Lake is halfway between Calgary and Edmonton. Calgary wins.
- Sunshine: Calgary has way more sunshine that Edmonton. In fact, Calgary is amongst the top city with sunshine exposure in the entire country. Sunshine is happiness. Calgary wins.
- Politics: Both cities are economically conservative. Edmonton is a little bit more socially liberal than Calgary. Who cares? Tie.
- Sports: Flames(NHL)and Stampeders(CFL)in Calgary, Oiler(NHL) and Eskimos(CFL) in Edmonton. Several amateur leagues, indoor and outdoor facilities for soccer, hockey, basketball, football and baseball in both cities; ShowUpAndPlay in Calgary, ShowUpAndPlay in Edmonton : Tie
- Bars and Pubs: Cowboys in Calgary, Black dog free house in Edmonton are the most populars. Cowboy culture in both cities but not violent, no guns. Tie ( The 10 Best Nightclubs in Calgary , The Best Nightlife in Edmonton – TripAdvisor )
- Downton: See Calgary Downtown inRealTimeNow.com. See Edmonton inRealTimeNow.com They are both vibrant and Nice: Tie
- Cleanliness: Calgary is one of the cleanness cities in the world. I am in awe myself whenever I walk downtown and in my neighbourhood of Walden. Calgary wins by far.
- Festivals: Calgary Stampede is unique and a must see in North America. Interstellar Rodeo Festival , Fringe, Jazz Fest, Folk Fest in Edmonton: Calgary wins.
- Public Transit: Calgary C-Train has 3 lines and covers all 4 quadrants of the city(NW, SW,SE,NE) with multiple park and rides location at various C-Train stations. There are buses in almost every neighborhoods in Calgary connecting you to the nearest C-Train station. Edmonton Transit Services (ETS) provides service on buses and light-rail transit within the City of Edmonton limits, in addition to Fort Saskatchewan, Spruce Grove, Beaumont, and the Edmonton Garrison at Namao. It also provides connections to suburban transit services. Calgary Wins.
With all that in mind, I’ll choose Calgary any day.
Learn more about Calgary here.
Learn more about Edmonton here.
Pass the AWS Certified Machine Learning Specialty Exam with Flying Colors: Master Data Engineering, Exploratory Data Analysis, Modeling, Machine Learning Implementation, Operations, and NLP with 3 Practice Exams. Get the MLS-C01 Practice Exam book Now!
Are you planning to visit or move to Calgary or Edmonton?
- Where to play hockey, soccer, basketball, badminton, baseball, softball, slop-itch, pickle-ball, volleyball, touch football, cricket, rugby, swimming in Calgary | Show Up And Play
- Where to play hockey, soccer, basketball, badminton, baseball, softball, slop-itch, pickle-ball, volleyball, touch football, cricket, rugby, swimming in Edmonton | Show Up And Play
- Find Real Time Jobs in Calgary here
- Find Real Time Jobs in Edmonton here
- Canadian National Park around Calgary:
More sightseeing in Calgary and Edmonton with 10Adventures.com
Calgary is in the top 10 most livable cities in the world: Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto make top 10 most livable cities list
If you are looking for an all-in-one solution to help you prepare for the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam, look no further than this AWS Cloud Practitioner CCP CLFC01 book below.
Calgary ranked world’s 5th most livable city by Economist Intelligence Unit
World’s most livable city revealed
Exploring the Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting All 50 States in the US
- Amazing Homes for sale in Edmontonby RohitBrainfoster213 (Edmonton on Medium) on March 25, 2023 at 12:54 pm
Amazing Homes for sale in EdmontonContinue reading on Medium »
- Local Towing in Edmonton by Citywide Towingby Ab Towtruck (Edmonton on Medium) on March 25, 2023 at 11:52 am
SUMMARY: choose the best heavy duty towing services in Edmonton that provide high-quality standard services.Continue reading on Medium »
- Kitchen Renovationby Zenliving (Calgary on Medium) on March 25, 2023 at 11:27 am
The kitchen is the heart of the home and a daily social hub, so it must work well for your family and your lifestyle.Continue reading on Medium »
- Abdominal Massageby Kinetic Living (Edmonton on Medium) on March 24, 2023 at 8:19 pm
By: Chloe Boldt | Registered Massage Therapist | IG @chloeboldt.rmtContinue reading on Medium »
- How Can Parents Choose The Right Health Insurance Plan?by Rajdeep Dhaliwal Insurance Expert (Calgary on Medium) on March 24, 2023 at 11:29 am
In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the process of selecting the best health insurance plan for your family, so you can have peace…Continue reading on Medium »
- Why Take Canada Immigration Services While Moving to Canada?by Csimmigrationseo (Calgary on Medium) on March 24, 2023 at 7:40 am
Are you considering moving to Canada? Discover the advantages of using Canada immigration services to assist you with the immigration…Continue reading on Medium »
- Heavy Duty Towing in Edmonton by Citywide Towingby Ab Towtruck (Edmonton on Medium) on March 24, 2023 at 6:25 am
Continue reading on Medium »
- 10 Must-Try Dishes at Bombay Chowpatty — A Guide for First-Time Visitorsby Bombay Chowpatty (Calgary on Medium) on March 24, 2023 at 4:52 am
In this article, Bombay Chowpatty, the best restaurant in Northeast Calgary, has compiled a list of its top 10 must-try dishes that will…Continue reading on Medium »
- Top Reasons Why You Should Choose Randhawa Moving Company for Your Next Moveby Randhawa Moving Services (Edmonton on Medium) on March 24, 2023 at 3:18 am
Are you planning to move soon and looking for a reliable and efficient moving company? Look no further than Randhawa Moving Service LTD…Continue reading on Medium »
- How to Host a Pakistani-Themed Dinner Party?by Mirchi Calgary (Calgary on Medium) on March 23, 2023 at 11:58 am
With a rich culinary history and a diverse range of dishes, Pakistani cuisine is sure to impress your guests and create a memorable…Continue reading on Medium »
- Soil Testing Edmontonby Centraltesting (Edmonton on Medium) on March 23, 2023 at 11:08 am
The quality of the soil on your site plays a key role in your Soil Testing Edmonton projects. As a result, you need to identify the…Continue reading on Medium »
- Material Testing Services Edmontonby Centraltesting (Edmonton on Medium) on March 23, 2023 at 11:07 am
As the world’s leading testing company, we offer you the latest material testing methods, highly experienced specialists, state-of-the-art…Continue reading on Medium »
- Material Testing Lab in Edmontonby Centraltesting (Edmonton on Medium) on March 23, 2023 at 11:05 am
Our Material Testing Lab in Edmonton goal is to provide an excellent testing service that helps with research and individual projects…Continue reading on Medium »
- AIMSS: AI Applications in Healthcareby NeurAlbertaTech (Edmonton on Medium) on March 22, 2023 at 3:52 pm
Over Friday March 10th to Sunday March 13th, NeurAlbertaTech attended the Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare Conference hosted by the…Continue reading on Medium »
- Why should you hire us?by Ab Towtruck (Edmonton on Medium) on March 22, 2023 at 9:45 am
Continue reading on Medium »
- How Bombay Chowpatty Is Utilizing Online Ordering Platforms to Improve Customer Experience?by Bombay Chowpatty (Calgary on Medium) on March 22, 2023 at 7:02 am
Online food delivery is becoming increasingly popular in Calgary. Customers can enjoy their favourite meals without leaving their homes in…Continue reading on Medium »
- Why Indian Tiffin Services are the Best Option for Busy Professionals in Calgaryby Desi Hood (Calgary on Medium) on March 21, 2023 at 10:09 am
In today’s fast-paced world, finding time to prepare a healthy meal can be challenging, especially for busy professionals in Calgary. Take…Continue reading on Medium »
- What Are the Best Ways to Clean the Wheels of Your Car and Truck?by Chaparral Car Wash (Calgary on Medium) on March 19, 2023 at 6:07 pm
Touchless car wash is one of the best ways to clean the wheels of your car or truck. This method uses a high-powered stream of pressurized…Continue reading on Medium »
- MY NAME IS JOE MENDESby Joe Mendes (Calgary on Medium) on March 19, 2023 at 5:32 am
My name is Joe Mendes and I am working hard to be the leading resource serving the hospitality and entertainment industry. I am a private…Continue reading on Medium »
Read Photos and PDFs Aloud for me iOS
Read Photos and PDFs Aloud for me android
Read Photos and PDFs Aloud For me Windows 10/11
Read Photos and PDFs Aloud For Amazon
Get 20% off Google Workspace (Google Meet) Business Plan (AMERICAS): M9HNXHX3WC9H7YE (Email us for more)
Get 20% off Google Google Workspace (Google Meet) Standard Plan with the following codes: 96DRHDRA9J7GTN6 (Email us for more))
FREE 10000+ Quiz Trivia and and Brain Teasers for All Topics including Cloud Computing, General Knowledge, History, Television, Music, Art, Science, Movies, Films, US History, Soccer Football, World Cup, Data Science, Machine Learning, Geography, etc....
List of Freely available programming books - What is the single most influential book every Programmers should read
- Bjarne Stroustrup - The C++ Programming Language
- Brian W. Kernighan, Rob Pike - The Practice of Programming
- Donald Knuth - The Art of Computer Programming
- Ellen Ullman - Close to the Machine
- Ellis Horowitz - Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms
- Eric Raymond - The Art of Unix Programming
- Gerald M. Weinberg - The Psychology of Computer Programming
- James Gosling - The Java Programming Language
- Joel Spolsky - The Best Software Writing I
- Keith Curtis - After the Software Wars
- Richard M. Stallman - Free Software, Free Society
- Richard P. Gabriel - Patterns of Software
- Richard P. Gabriel - Innovation Happens Elsewhere
- Code Complete (2nd edition) by Steve McConnell
- The Pragmatic Programmer
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
- The C Programming Language by Kernighan and Ritchie
- Introduction to Algorithms by Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest & Stein
- Design Patterns by the Gang of Four
- Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
- The Mythical Man Month
- The Art of Computer Programming by Donald Knuth
- Compilers: Principles, Techniques and Tools by Alfred V. Aho, Ravi Sethi and Jeffrey D. Ullman
- Gödel, Escher, Bach by Douglas Hofstadter
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship by Robert C. Martin
- Effective C++
- More Effective C++
- CODE by Charles Petzold
- Programming Pearls by Jon Bentley
- Working Effectively with Legacy Code by Michael C. Feathers
- Peopleware by Demarco and Lister
- Coders at Work by Peter Seibel
- Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!
- Effective Java 2nd edition
- Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture by Martin Fowler
- The Little Schemer
- The Seasoned Schemer
- Why's (Poignant) Guide to Ruby
- The Inmates Are Running The Asylum: Why High Tech Products Drive Us Crazy and How to Restore the Sanity
- The Art of Unix Programming
- Test-Driven Development: By Example by Kent Beck
- Practices of an Agile Developer
- Don't Make Me Think
- Agile Software Development, Principles, Patterns, and Practices by Robert C. Martin
- Domain Driven Designs by Eric Evans
- The Design of Everyday Things by Donald Norman
- Modern C++ Design by Andrei Alexandrescu
- Best Software Writing I by Joel Spolsky
- The Practice of Programming by Kernighan and Pike
- Pragmatic Thinking and Learning: Refactor Your Wetware by Andy Hunt
- Software Estimation: Demystifying the Black Art by Steve McConnel
- The Passionate Programmer (My Job Went To India) by Chad Fowler
- Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution
- Algorithms + Data Structures = Programs
- Writing Solid Code
- Getting Real by 37 Signals
- Foundations of Programming by Karl Seguin
- Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice in C (2nd Edition)
- Thinking in Java by Bruce Eckel
- The Elements of Computing Systems
- Refactoring to Patterns by Joshua Kerievsky
- Modern Operating Systems by Andrew S. Tanenbaum
- The Annotated Turing
- Things That Make Us Smart by Donald Norman
- The Timeless Way of Building by Christopher Alexander
- The Deadline: A Novel About Project Management by Tom DeMarco
- The C++ Programming Language (3rd edition) by Stroustrup
- Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture
- Computer Systems - A Programmer's Perspective
- Agile Principles, Patterns, and Practices in C# by Robert C. Martin
- Growing Object-Oriented Software, Guided by Tests
- Framework Design Guidelines by Brad Abrams
- Object Thinking by Dr. David West
- Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment by W. Richard Stevens
- Hackers and Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age
- The Soul of a New Machine by Tracy Kidder
- CLR via C# by Jeffrey Richter
- The Timeless Way of Building by Christopher Alexander
- Design Patterns in C# by Steve Metsker
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carol
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig
- About Face - The Essentials of Interaction Design
- Here Comes Everybody: The Power of Organizing Without Organizations by Clay Shirky
- The Tao of Programming
- Computational Beauty of Nature
- Writing Solid Code by Steve Maguire
- Philip and Alex's Guide to Web Publishing
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design with Applications by Grady Booch
- Effective Java by Joshua Bloch
- Computability by N. J. Cutland
- Masterminds of Programming
- The Tao Te Ching
- The Productive Programmer
- The Art of Deception by Kevin Mitnick
- The Career Programmer: Guerilla Tactics for an Imperfect World by Christopher Duncan
- Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence Programming: Case studies in Common Lisp
- Masters of Doom
- Pragmatic Unit Testing in C# with NUnit by Andy Hunt and Dave Thomas with Matt Hargett
- How To Solve It by George Polya
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Smalltalk-80: The Language and its Implementation
- Writing Secure Code (2nd Edition) by Michael Howard
- Introduction to Functional Programming by Philip Wadler and Richard Bird
- No Bugs! by David Thielen
- Rework by Jason Freid and DHH
- JUnit in Action
#BlackOwned #BlackEntrepreneurs #BlackBuniness #AWSCertified #AWSCloudPractitioner #AWSCertification #AWSCLF-C01 #CloudComputing #AWSStudyGuide #AWSTraining #AWSCareer #AWSExamPrep #AWSCommunity #AWSEducation #AWSBasics #AWSCertified #AWSMachineLearning #AWSCertification #AWSSpecialty #MachineLearning #AWSStudyGuide #CloudComputing #DataScience #AWSCertified #AWSSolutionsArchitect #AWSArchitectAssociate #AWSCertification #AWSStudyGuide #CloudComputing #AWSArchitecture #AWSTraining #AWSCareer #AWSExamPrep #AWSCommunity #AWSEducation #AzureFundamentals #AZ900 #MicrosoftAzure #ITCertification #CertificationPrep #StudyMaterials #TechLearning #MicrosoftCertified #AzureCertification #TechBooks